You can type here any text you want

Fast xfi install questions ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

434nova

I have a couple questions for those with the xfi. Do you need to hook up the air temp sensor ? I have read that people have relocated there sensor into the dog house of the intake manifold does it have to go the or could it be installed into the air intake pipe on the throttle body? Also when installing the 3 bar map can i just replace my 2 bar with the 3 bar in the same location and use the same map sensor plug or do i need to use the map sensor plug on the xfi harness? Thanks

after intercooler is fine , just the doghouse is usually easier to just drill and tap , to put in the uppipe would require welding a bung in (tig if aluminum)

you can swap the 2 bar out but i wouldnt leave it powered through the analog dash (tach boost module ) as that supply after 25yrs isnt that trustworthy ,
get the plug and play map adapter from cal or casper and you can install the 3bar map sensor where the 2 bar was and just plug it in

According to Cal Hartline its best to put it in the back of the intake manifold just under the dog house, thats if you already have the intake off. If you dont just tap it on the passenger side of the dog house thats what i did and its works great.

Back