You can type here any text you want

FAST XFI install....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Nick Micale

Tech Advisor
Staff member
Removed my "old" FAST system and started to install the new XFI stand-alone harness today. What a welcome change to get rid of all the un-nesessary cables and wiring with the stock harness. Took longer to remove the stock wiring harness than to install the new FAST harness.:)

Since documentation is not yet readily available, Cal was on the phone to give me some guidance. With the harness on the living room floor already labeled, it was not too difficult even for me then to get things installed right.

Makes me wonder if I got one of the first units from FAST [and Cal] to see if someone with little wiring expertise can successfully do an install?:confused:

So far so good - progress is just a little slow as I am making other changes around the engine for better access and less clutter.

As to the best type of engine management system, I will leave that discusion to the "experts". I have always been happy with my FAST system, and especially the support I have received throughout the years, so figured I would stay with a proven product.

[Wonder if the sequential mode will be an improvement over the bank-to-bank I have been using?]

I expect a phone call tonight when you fire the car up! Good Luck and give me a call if you have any more questions.

It runs!

Was out of town for the long weekend, so finished the install last night. Car ran, but not for very long, neighbors may have not appreciated open exhaust at 10:30 PM!

Made a few minor changes to the harness as it is generic, and not GN specific. Fortunately Cal was by his phone as we did it using him as the "wiring diagram".

A little more tuning and should be ready for the dyno next week with Cal to optmize the program.

The stand-alone harness is highly recommended especially for a car w/o air conditioning, cleans up the engine compartment nicely.:)

how much are the stand alone harnesses? does it completly replace the engine compartment harness or is there cutting and splicing involved? im currently using the bs3, it uses the same adapter harness as the fast.

surej

Originally posted by Nick Micale

[Wonder if the sequential mode will be an improvement over the bank-to-bank I have been using?]

It's about how the SEFI is executed in the code. A good Batch Fire will outdo a poor SEFI. While you have a PW advantage with SEFI, it takes some cleverness with the code to make SEFI, *All if Can Be*...

She is running well now thanks to some help from Cal on the phone and some late night tuning. We have got all the harness issues figured out and have plans to take it to the track for some wide open tuning. One thing that I have noticed with the new XFI box is that it seems to have a much faster processor as the connect time is quicker and seems to update faster when making changes. Tons more inputs and outputs to play with. :) Very easy transition for anyone who has messed around with an older version of fast. I really like the fact that all functions are in the same box, no more sending it in for updates. Harness and XFI box is compatable with multiple vehicles with a simple adaptor harness change, very cool stuff. :cool:

SInce you have played with the xfi, is there a boost builder option in there somewhere?

No boost builder, Since you have played with the Gen VII how does the boost builder work ?

I don't have it back yet after the upgrade to 4.0, but i will test it as soon as i can:)

Just wondering who I can contact to get one of these XFI systems. I am ordering all my parts to put my car together and was going to order the old FAST system until the XFI came out. I have been waiting around to hear some release info. Is it possible to get one yet and if so, who can I contact? Also has there been a Buick specific wiring harness made yet? I dont have a direct contact with someone like Hartline to help me so if I buy it i would need some help.
Thanks for any help

Just wondering who I can contact to get one of these XFI systems. I am ordering all my parts to put my car together and was going to order the old FAST system until the XFI came out. I have been waiting around to hear some release info. Is it possible to get one yet and if so, who can I contact? Also has there been a Buick specific wiring harness made yet? I dont have a direct contact with someone like Hartline to help me so if I buy it i would need some help.
Thanks for any help
Eric

Eric, if you are interested, give me a call, I am a dealer and can get you an XFI. Also, I will supply you with a good starter program as well as support.
hope that helps,

Youre best contact number to Hartline Performance is 321-863-2303. This is were i purchased mine,FAST has stand alone harnesses and i Believe DAle cherry (berrel Auto) has jumper harnesses available. I can also make you a jumper harness if needed for attachment to a stock Buick harness.

Otto, thanks for the info. I pretty much have my mind set on the stand alone harness. If it cleans up the engine compartment, that's good enuff for me. The only thing is, I still may want to run the a/c. If i go the other route, I will keep you in mind also.

Thanks again, Eric

Eric.
We were ordering a XFI for a Buick V-6 last week and was told they did not have the injector or ignition harnesses ready yet and could not give me any time frame when they will be done. We are going to modify a V-8 injector harness and buy a caspers coil pack harness and install the correct plugs. Info that might help you make your decisions. You still can run the A/C with a stand alone harness.

Back