You can type here any text you want

FAST XFI MAP Sensor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mad_Trbo

I just finished installing the FAST XFI on my 87 t-type. Got the car to crank up but noticed no KPA reading. My original thoughts were that the computer saw boost readings from the 3-bar map sensor on the firewall? Now I have concluded this is for the hokey guage in the instrument cluster.

On my Eclipse the AEM read MAP through the old MAF wiring system. Is it done the same way on the XFI? If so is there a jumper cable or can someone direct me to the wires on the MAF I need to run the MAP sensor to?

As I said the car starts and idles perfect, but as soon as you get in the throttle to much it cuts out from what appears to be a lean condition. Put the car in D it cuts out from what I am sure is the car being put under load and the XFI not reading a MAP reading to tell it to adjust fuel.

Let me know if this makes sense .

WHo jumper harness do you have? Most of them do require you to tap into the mass air wire(grey w/red tracer) for signal return.

Maf to map

Caspers sells a jumper. I got one when I put my XFI box in.

Steve :)

I ran the MAP signal in through the old MAF connection, same way I did it on my Eclipse. I thought there might have been a way to do it from the interior of the car. Which there is, but I found the blue wire at the clear / white plug behind the glove box after I already had the wire running the other way.

Back