Fastest/most power with stockish fuel filter?

Superskwrl

Just wondering what the fastest any1 has gone with a stock style fuel filter, please tell me how fast and what brand

Any1 know what the stock filter can flow?

I'm not a Buick guy so i dont know if there is an easy upgrade from stock that would be odvious, if there is let me know

Thanks

9.70@136 thru the stock fuel lines and double pumpers i a 3700 lb car with driver...............:cool:

Originally posted by JCotton
9.70@136 thru the stock fuel lines and double pumpers i a 3700 lb car with driver...............:cool:

Cool, thats a good 700+hp
Anybody else?

9.57 @142 stock fuel lines and a Fram stock style fuel filter. Tipping the scales @3560 somewhere in the 900 hp range.

9.57 @142 stock fuel lines and a Fram stock style fuel filter. Tipping the scales @3560 somewhere in the 900 hp range.

OUCH............... you da man!!!! I only use a stock filter, that must be what held me back......... ;)

Geez Jack, you have all the answers to my questions, too bad when ever i see you my mind goes blank:rolleyes:

Could have been the 21lbs of boost I ran also......... that didn't help either.......:cool:

I've got an ac delco, stock turbobuick fuel filter on my car with twin intanks and it's rolled 760/777 to the tires.

Originally posted by INTMD8
I've got an ac delco, stock turbobuick fuel filter on my car with twin intanks and it's rolled 760/777 to the tires.

:eek: Tell me more about your fuel system setup?size pumps,size line, injectors Fuel pressure etc, is a twin intank a drop in for an F body?

Originally posted by Superskwrl
:eek: Tell me more about your fuel system setup?size pumps,size line, injectors Fuel pressure etc, is a twin intank a drop in for an F body?

Twin walbro 255 intanks. I modified the sending unit bracket and hose clamped the pumps to it. Used an aluminum y-block to attach it to the stock outlet on the sending unit. -8 fuel line hose clamped to the top of the sending unit running to a turbobuick fuel filter. (only because my stock line was damaged) From there it used to be stock lines/rails(which supported 740rwhp).

I've since switched to a sheetmetal intake with aftermarket rails so I have -8 fuel line hose clamped onto the stock line about 4ft after the fuel filter, running to the rails. Injectors are precision 83lb and base fuel pressure is 43lbs.

I made the mistake of wiring both pumps together when installing them and it was way too much volume under normal driving. I've since installed a BG stepdown box activated by a hobbs switch, but a better option would be to run one pump continuously and the second pump operated off a hobbs switch.

Originally posted by INTMD8

I made the mistake of wiring both pumps together when installing them and it was way too much volume under normal driving. I've since installed a BG stepdown box activated by a hobbs switch, but a better option would be to run one pump continuously and the second pump operated off a hobbs switch.

What size return line?

Originally posted by Superskwrl
What size return line?

Stock return line. I think 5/16 od.

Even if the return line was big enough to regulate pressure to 43psi at idle with both pumps running full voltage, it would still heat the hell out of the fuel.