Favorite Car Movies??

My choice...

1.Ronin (one of the most badass car chase scenes I've EVER seen)
2.Bullit
3.Gone in 60 Seconds (the new version)

What about "The Gumball Rally"?
The early scene with all those cars racing through the streets of NYC was very cool.
I liked "Bullitt", but the only car related footage in that movie was the single chase scene. Other than that, it was simply a murder-mystery.
S.

Yeah, Christine! The best movie with the car as the star. Vanishing point is a timeless classic, and oooh, we cannot forget, Corvette Summer!!!!! Yeah, baby, YEAH! :D

Oh yeah, I like the beginning of the Cannonball Run. That Lamborgini sounds frickin awesome in the beginning

Originally posted by MY85pontiac
i'm still shocked to hear james taylor say the "F word" every time he says it. i've heard his music and yes it was just a part in a movie but it doesnt seem to fit his music, mellow
:p Funny that you mentioned that. Today, on the way home from work I was listening to James Taylor/Greatest Hits CD. At the end of the live version of Steamroller, he says M@%*r F^#$ing! I went :eek:

I cast my vote for Two-Lane Blacktop! :cool:

Didn't anyone ever see "Catch Me If You Can" ???? You know, the one where the 57' Chevy was burried under the football field;)

Originally posted by BoostKillsStres
Don't forget the origional Smokey and the Bandit...they crashed a LOT of police cars in that movie :D

"Junior, get the ebidence and put it in the carrrrrr!"
"Remind me to slap yo mama"
"Gentlmen, hold up on that car wash"
"Thats,,,an attentoin getta"
and one of my favorites:
"By the time you get that damn dog in the truck, the smokey will ahve gone by you"

And...
"Daddy, my hat flew off", "I hope yer g**damned head was in it!!!"

Justice

I love this one:

Big Enos: Son, you're looking at a legend.
Little Enos: I guess a legend and an out of work bum look a lot a like Daddy.

Gotta love that movie. Most of the driving wasn't speeded up on film, from the look of it.

Wow Corvette Summer I thought I was the only person who saw that movie
Yeah, Christine! The best movie with the car as the star. Vanishing point is a timeless classic, and oooh, we cannot forget, Corvette Summer!!!!! Yeah, baby, YEAH!

American Graffiti, all time classic! I was hooked on that movie as long as I can remember, always have to at least watch the cop car have the rearend pulled out from under it, everytime it comes on.

Followed by Smokey and the Bandit, and of course Christine.

I sort of liked the chase scene in Cobra with his modified Merc. Doing a 180* and driving backwards and shooting was pretty cool.

Wow, don't think anyone mentioned Vanishing Point or Gone in 60 seconds. (the original 60 seconds) The one with Nicolas Cage wasn't too bad.

Originally posted by BuickGn Boosted
Wow, don't think anyone mentioned Vanishing Point or Gone in 60 seconds. (the original 60 seconds) The one with Nicolas Cage wasn't too bad.

Mark,

I did in an earlier reply here! Great minds think alike. :cool:

Smokey and the Bandit

One night a few years back Smokey and the Bandit was on
I took the Trans Am out (big mistake) I dunno for some reason I thought I was the Bandit or something I got a few tixs - unsafe start reckless driving (luckily i got them all reduced) extended burnouts are a bad thing (at least in front of a cop)

Chris
94 Suburb
87 GN
85 Regal

1) TWO LANE BALCKTOP - The king of all car movies! "Make it 3 yards mother fu#$er and we'll have an automobile race!"

2) American Graffitti - The same '55 from Two Lane.

3) Smokey and the Bandit.

4) Gone in 60 Seconds - "I like having sex in boosted cars"

5) Fast and the Furious - "I need the NAWSSS":rolleyes:

Don't bust on me about #5. I know they're ricers, but it's still pretty cool that someone made a movie about racing cars... no matter how slow they really were.

-Banning.

The first scene of the Blues Brothers wasn't to bad either, but I am still a little partial to mopars.

This one's kinda obscure....

"California Kid" starring Martin Sheen and Vic Morrow. Sheen was driving a black 32 or 33 three-window coupe w/ flames.

A couple of people mention "Duel" with Dennis Weaver. That was Steven Spielberg's first feature release. Cool movie with an old "Needlenose" Peterbilt as the bad guy.http://us.imdb.com/Title?0067023