You can type here any text you want

Fb Vsc

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

chevyII

Ive been doing some searches and ran across some old threads about the VSC. Just thinking about my set up mainly street driven stage 2 274". Am going to try a Gt42/76BB. I was told 4000 stall would be good but would like to run as tight as possible and still spool. Could 3500 work with a VSC? Also might make a difference as the car is light around 2600-2700lbs. I would be using a trans brake with a th400.

chevyII said:
Ive been doing some searches and ran across some old threads about the VSC. Just thinking about my set up mainly street driven stage 2 274". Am going to try a Gt42/76BB. I was told 4000 stall would be good but would like to run as tight as possible and still spool. Could 3500 work with a VSC? Also might make a difference as the car is light around 2600-2700lbs. I would be using a trans brake with a th400.

Since I'm poor, I have five bucks to bet that Dale Cherry would know exactly the answer to that question. Maybe he'll chime in here and give you some help. I think a 3500 would work but that is just an educated guess. Others will know for sure. :)

In my opinion even with a 3500 you should not need the FB piece or have any issues spooling the 42-76R(BB).

The FB TH400 W/VSC will give approx 500 to 600 rpm more stall to a convertor,
the PG will be 800 to 1000 rpm

Back