You can type here any text you want

FBI speedometer 145mph cluster. Were these for real

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Fat Nat

C06FA36C-C924-4AE3-86B6-98B140E05900.jpeg
just picked this thing up. And before anyone says oh that’s just a cheap overlay or Canadian speedo this is not I had it apart and this is made this way. Anyone have real info on these. How many were made ect

I have the same one in one of my cars and it is not an overlay either.. subscribed..

I have an old magazine article than mentioned the FBI purchase of 50 GN's.
I don't know if this was a hard number or a proposed number as the article was more focused on the GNX.
It said the FBI liked the 0- 150 MPH "squirt".

Were you able to locate the listening device inside it yet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Kirbans sold silkscreened speedo plates many (many) years ago. You sent the speedo to them and they had them recalibrated to match the face (no speedo reducer needed)

I have one it looks just like that

Damn. Just when you think you found something cool to hang on to. Lol

If an ''FBI faceplate'' existed, there'd be a part number in the GM catalog.

Much like the FBI twin turbo manifolds. :)

If a GN or T, or any g body for that matter got any where close to 150 mph
The word "squirt" would take on a whole 'nother meanin'!

i remember seeing a sticker that said something about overdrive and high pursuit on a fbi t-type

"The word "squirt" would take on a whole 'nother meanin'!" As in "Hershey squirt"?:D
I can tell you, at 142, the "pucker factor" comes into play!:smuggrin:

The CIA ordered an undisclosed number of special GNXs that had 3 turbos on them. One for every pair of cylinders. Also there was a special machine gun attachment located in the IC scoop. They also had T-tops and ejection seats. Just one push of the button and BAM! You would be propelled away from a possible crash. Of course, they also had bullet proof glass. The tires were filled solid with foam so you couldn't flatten them. Water proof body seams allowed it to be submerged for an hour and a moisture sensor would automatically send a distress signal to the US Navy. There was an additional tank in the trunk for grease sprayers to slick the road behind to deter chasing vehicles.

But that's not all...........It never ran out of gas! It used a special blend of radiation infused fuel. This was recycled in the catalytic converter and fed back to the gas tank. Also it had communication feed from all the spy satellites during the cold war. It knew where all the Soviet missile subs were. Word has it....It was the one that found the Red October!

I know all this to be true. Because some hot Russian chick that I was trying to bang told me she was in the KGB.

Well looks like it’s going in the parts for sale section after all. What’s it worrh

Kirbans sold silkscreened speedo plates many (many) years ago. You sent the speedo to them and they had them recalibrated to match the face (no speedo reducer needed)

I have one it looks just like that

I had Kirbans do mine a long time ago. Looks very nice. They did a good job on it,looks factory. (y)

Well looks like it’s going in the parts for sale section after all. What’s it worrh

The worth is what someone is willing to pay for it. I would price it what you think it's worth and go from there.

I bought one like that from Dennis also.....calibrated with that face plate....a real professional job. Love it. Of course, anything Dennis does is purely professional work.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Back