You can type here any text you want

Feeler - Grenaded -016 4.1 Stage Block

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Blazer406

Mechanical Engineer
Board member 88ZNX has a Stage block that he grenaded (RIP) in Reynolds 2 years ago.

Block was used when he got it.... and was bored out some... he went to the expense to sleeve all 6 holes... so it is a standard bore. It is 4 bolt mains.... BBC rear main seal.....14 bolt heads.... 4.1L -016 casting block.....

At Reynolds, 2 rods and pistons checked out (#3 and #4 I think)... leaving a windowed block... at some point... the rods came up an caught the billet roller cam. It was bent and was difficult to get out of the block. We salvaged and kept the crank and 4 rods and pistons I think.

I told him someone would give him something for that block.

Not sure if there is any additional damage to the block or not..... I can take many pics with a good digital camera if someone is interested.

So.... Anyone?

pics would help. Not salvageable???

Not sure... Alan said today he thought the block was cracked up in the lifter valley..... He said the cam was bent and very difficult to remove......basically took a slide hammer to get the bent cam out....

I have not personally inspected the lifter valley area.... but I can't wrap my head around a broken rod contacting the cam... and that cracking the lifter valley area.... I've seen plenty engines that a rod comes up and hits the cam... and bends the cam..... w/o damaging the lifter valley area...

At any rate.... I can get some detailed pics..... might take a few days though... I am going out of town tomorrow night.... and won't be back until Monday night..... so Tuesady evening might be the earliest time I can get pics....

It does have the 4 bolt splayed caps... with bbc rear main seal...

Might only be worth the caps..... I'll see if I can get some better pics....

I mentioned in the firs post it was a windowed block..... it is a double hung window.... LOL..... one window on either side of the block.... will get pics...

Please thoroughly inspect the block and hook me up with pics of it. Can you give me the dimensions of the block "windows" also. THanks.

Please thoroughly inspect the block and hook me up with pics of it. Can you give me the dimensions of the block "windows" also. THanks.

Will do.... probably be next week on the pics though...... leaving for Houston to go to the NHRA drags for the weekend...

Back