You can type here any text you want

Ferrari F360 gets humbled

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
We were both at a Chevron filling up and he was bragging about his red ride to some other guy. I just watched and listened as he boasted himself up and quietly thought about how nice it'd be to kill an F car,...or at least see if I could hang with it....I wasn't sure what would happen. I noticed him glance over at my GN a couple times as if to check it out, so maybe he recognized what it was.

We both finished gassing about the same time but exited the parking lot at opposite ends. He was on the far end and out before I was, then I heard him bang the gears in exibition and then watched him dissappear down the road and figured my chance was gone. I went ahead and followed at a reasonable pace and low and behold....

He was alone at a red light as I approached in the other lane. As I rolled up the light turned green, I came along side him and we matched speed at about 30mph, and then I heard him dip in a little harder so I went in with him. Initially his jump helped him but to my surprise, I started to pull him and then pass him.

Another red light ahead...we stop sde by side but he stayed back about half a length....probably a little soar from just getting smacked down. The light went green and he decided he'd had enough and didn't try this time. So I just pulled away and enjoyed the taste of my kill.

Nice kill Tim... I'm sure he's pricing out GN's right now. ;) I'm sure the majority of Ferrari owners don't know much about cars they just have the money to buy them.

He was definitely trying...until it was too embarassing to continue that is;) ....there's no mistaking the sound of a Ferrari at full throttle.

Nice. I'm surprised he even tried.

I once went after a newer Lambo on the I-5 and he avoided me like the plague- even driving below the speed limit! I didn't think I'd beat him, just thought it would be fun to try.

Good Kill...;)

Awesome! I have been waiting to line up with an F car. I got my sights on a 430 to humble.

360's are about 400 hp, the 430 is 490-ish.

Stay away from a 599 or a Scuderia. You will kill them in the first 100 feet then it's over.

I saw a video of a Supra playing with a 360. The kid in the 360 had his hat on sideways....bet he was surprised.

Ferrari is not the end-all automobile. Just a pile of metal like the others.

nice kill, like someone else said, watch out for the 599GTB and the Scuderia. The 360s arent the fastest things out there, still nice to have a Ferrari on the kill list

Nice kill on the F car, I have never had one of those. :frown:

My fancy kill would be a Mercedes SL 600 I think? Maybe it was 500 I don't know? I know it said V12 on the side and the guy was pissed. :biggrin:

After the a$$ whoop'n he followed me to where I was going to ask "what the hell kind of car is that" :D :tongue:

The 430's are a bit quicker than the 360's....not sure it would have gone my way against a 430.

I tried to get an M5 and a Z06 to bite these last few days also but they were older guys driving and didn't show any interest.

I'm pretty sure I'd kill an M5...I stayed pretty close with one before I upgraded from a stock turbo and downpipe to my TA61 and THDP and bumped my boost up a couple lbs, but not sure about a Z06 ....yet.

I'm still keepin' my boost at 20 lbs.

I think two twists tight on the wastegate rod is the Z06 setting:biggrin: . Not sure if there's a rod long enough for the ZR1 setting just yet.:mad:

And DR's... ;)

Still need those too.:biggrin:
I'm kinda getting good at moderating the rate of how quickly I put the peddle to the floor to get good traction and good acceleration at the same time out of the street tires, tho':biggrin:

That's a kill you will always remember and you represented well. Maybe he'll do "alittle research" now and for future reference! :wink:

Probably took it back to the dealer and said it wasn't running right. Got beat down by an ole Buick..........:D

Ken

I'm kinda getting good at moderating the rate of how quickly I put the peddle to the floor to get good traction and good acceleration at the same time out of the street tires, tho':biggrin:

TIM>>>>>>
just get some damn DR's and you wont have to figgur out how X=MC past the square root of velocity devided by the weight of how your lower paw transmits to the pavement:biggrin:

Today I beat 2 minivans and an old taurus station wagon
:rolleyes:

Awesome! I have been waiting to line up with an F car. I got my sights on a 430 to humble.

360's are about 400 hp, the 430 is 490-ish.

Stay away from a 599 or a Scuderia. You will kill them in the first 100 feet then it's over.

I saw a video of a Supra playing with a 360. The kid in the 360 had his hat on sideways....bet he was surprised.

Ferrari is not the end-all automobile. Just a pile of metal like the others.

What do YOU know about Ferraris?

:rolleyes:

Night and day when I had the DRs on. I've said it before and I'll say it again; in a TR your losing traction more than you think. A little DR action and bump the the timing a little.. you'll be surprised me thinks. :D

As far as a M5 you should be able to kill one of those with your setup. I've killed one with my stock turbo, stock IC White car.

I tried to get a brand new M3 to play this morning but he'd have none of it. Probably a guy that has seen my car before in the mornings( in his old car ) and knows better. :) The only idiots that try me are the Tundra people. LOL.. too many Toyota commercials and people with believe anything.

Back