You can type here any text you want

Finally...Coach's New Build...

• Thread starter Thread starter coach
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Thanks guys. It's getting close. Cal is tuning it on April 26th at Norwalk.

Love your work, but you do know you're out of control:nailbiting:
Keep it going(y)

I wish I would have seen you on the forum sooner. I was in Boston during the World Series. We coulda met up.

Great time to be in town. Look me up next time you're here.

Great work on the regulator. Happen to know the size of those screws you used on it. I would love to replace mine with some nice looking ones. TIA

Great time to be in town. Look me up next time you're here.

Great work on the regulator. Happen to know the size of those screws you used on it. I would love to replace mine with some nice looking ones. TIA
The screws are 6-32 x 1/2". I had to polish off some of the diameter because they were too big to go in without marking the side. They also have #6 lock washers under them.

Well I had to tear the housing off my turbo and machine out the waste gate hole...as Cal specified. All finished.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1394296328.471672.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1394296345.073470.jpg

This might be a stupid question??, But how do you know you need to do this, does it have to do with the size of turbo?

This might be a stupid question??, But how do you know you need to do this, does it have to do with the size of turbo?
Opening up the waste gate helps with boost creep. I was told by Cal to open it up so we could achieve a more consistent boost level. I do not know if the turbo size matters. My turbo is a 67HPQ...it's pretty big

That is a big turbo, Does Cal only tune cars with XFI systems?? Or Coach, I live on Long Island and looking for someone to tune my car, I guess at the track... Do you you know anyone who does that??? Thanks, if you have any names!! AL

That is a big turbo, Does Cal only tune cars with XFI systems?? Or Coach, I live on Long Island and looking for someone to tune my car, I guess at the track... Do you you know anyone who does that??? Thanks, if you have any names!! AL
Get in touch with Cal. He is up there all the time. Mostly in the Conn area, but that's closer than Florida.
There are others up your way...you'd have to post up and ask. I'm really not sure if Cal tunes other systems or stock Buick ECM. That's a question for him.

Coach,
I was glancing through some of the pictures of your build and something caught my eye that I might be able to help you with. I notice that we have a very similar setup in regards to fuel pressure gauges. I assume you have an electric one in car and the mechanical one under the hood like I do. I also assume you are not thrilled with having the big bulky brass fittings to make them both work so I figured I would show you what I did.

The hose basically runs back to the firewall and the autometer sensor screws into it. It keeps the front part of the fuel clean and the stainless hose adds a nice touch imo. I can get you a pic on the car if you like. Just thought I would share. Good luck with the rest of your build.

Attachments

• line1.JPG
    line1.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 206
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 202
Just my $.02....I'd not be comfortable w/ all that piping hanging off the end of the fuel rail. I've seen more than 1 rail fitting break.

Gosh, was not thinking about the end of the fuel rail breaking. The pictures above is what I have. What else can one do?

I have no worries. Minus the one aluminum 90, these are all steel Parker fittings and hose. And as long as you don't get crazy tightening the aluminum fittings it will be fine.

I have no worries. Minus the one aluminum 90, these are all steel Parker fittings and hose. And as long as you don't get crazy tightening the aluminum fittings it will be fine.
I think you just made his point. Chuck was referring to the weight of all the fittings screwed onto the factory fuel rail. The end cap with the threads on it may not take the vibrations over time, and may crack the end cap off the rail. If all the fittings were alum...would be better

Back