You can type here any text you want

Finally...Coach's New Build...

• Thread starter Thread starter coach
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
This is by far one of the prettiest engines I've seen on this sight WOW

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Hey guys,
Been doing a little bit here and there.
I ordered a new/rebuilt power steering pump and rebuild kit. I noticed it had a "Chinese" front bearing...so I tore it apart...and now it will get chromed. I'll replace the shitty bearing too.
I bought a new AC Compressor and I'm looking for an alternator, starter, and a few other small items.
I picked up 2 sets of plugs...per Cal Hartline and gapped them, so they are ready.
Dusty Bradford is building my new Convertor as we speak and my broken tranny is out and on the floor.
Making a list of "to-dos" and a pile of parts for the chrome plater.
I'll post pictures when I have items here.
Hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,
Been doing a little bit here and there.
I ordered a new/rebuilt power steering pump and rebuild kit. I noticed it had a "Chinese" front bearing...so I tore it apart...and now it will get chromed. I'll replace the shitty bearing too.
I bought a new AC Compressor and I'm looking for an alternator, starter, and a few other small items.
I picked up 2 sets of plugs...per Cal Hartline and gapped them, so they are ready.
Dusty Bradford is building my new Convertor as we speak and my broken tranny is out and on the floor.
Making a list of "to-dos" and a pile of parts for the chrome plater.
I'll post pictures when I have items here.
Hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year.

Thanks Coach. I'm excited for your 2014 too!

Coach.. Where do you have the chrome plating done? I had much chrome plating done by Browns in KY about 25yrs ago. It still looks great. Been thinking about having more plating done.

This was the place I used: http://www.brownsplating.com/about-us/

Amazing work. ...but be prepared to pay. Check their price list.

Who do you use?

I use different platers depending on the part. Each chromer specializes in different size items.
Small items...Speed and Sport
Plastic...Paul's Chrome
Larger items...Auto Body Connection
Perfect Show...Paul's Chrome

Speed and Sport is awesome at nuts, bolts, washers, and other tiny items.
Paul's is perfection and has been called the Best Plater in the country, and def most $$$

Hey Guys,
I got board after work today and decided to make some Billet Dipstick Handles. This is as far as I got in 2 hours...
I'll post pics when finished.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1389375113.999204.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1389375127.241913.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1389375140.979080.jpg

Those are awesome!!!! Would love someone to produce some updated handles.
Very slick work as always!!!!

And a bad azz shifter handle ???????????????

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I was just board. Never had any plans to make them. Then I stuck the stock dipstick in my engine and realized...that's not going to cut it.

Wish I had access to the machines you do and the capability. I can't even imagine what I would be making lol

Wish I had access to the machines you do and the capability. I can't even imagine what I would be making lol
I wish I would have seen you on the forum sooner. I was in Boston during the World Series. We coulda met up.

Well I got my new Kirban's fuel pressure regulator. I have good news...after about 90 mins...it looks good enough to make the cut, and get placed on the engine. A quick polish, some chrome buttonhead screws, and a stainless set screw...and it looks pretty good.
I also polished the stainless power steering line from Kirban's as well...I was bored.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1393099974.187702.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1393099987.734223.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1393100000.020715.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1393100013.022271.jpg

Back