You can type here any text you want

finally got a Bufurd

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

maxcom

Got it this morning, mostly stock

'87 T-Type, 90k original miles, everything works, no rust ever.

Red Armstrong 93 chip
Hot wired fuel pump
so so gray repaint
pw,pdl, tilt, cruise, t-tops
custom cover

Previous owner said he couldn't tell the difference with the chip change.

The car acts a bit strange on what I consider normal takeoff acceleration.....the rpms shoot up but the car seems to be hesitating.....let off the gas and it sounds like the wastegate dumping even though no boost is showing on the gauge. This is the only TR i've driven so I really don't know what's "normal".......anywho, it's good to be here and looking forward to being a productive member of TurboBuick.com

Max

IMG_3099.jpg

IMG_3106.jpg

IMG_3112.jpg

IMG_3111.jpg

IMG_3108.jpg

IMG_3109.jpg

IMG_3103.jpg

RPM rising but car not moving very quick... trans problem? When you let off the gas you're probably just hearing the air charge going backwards and sneezing out through the turbo, since these cars don't have blow off valves.

Unless you're just not familar with the time it takes the turbo to spool, the turbo has to spin up before the car really kicks you in the pants aka "turbo lag".

Post your problems in the tech forum, if anyone can help you figure it out, it's the members here!

Wow I didn't see the pix when I first replied. VERY clean for the mileage, nice car! I like the Gray Ts more than GNs! :eek:

Anyways, I would definitely head to the tech forum and ask about your problem. Give as many details as you can, like the information you mentioned here. Good luck!

Very nice car. I also have a Grey T. Pics in my sig. Just please don't call them Bufords......:wink:

Limited!!

Hey man you have a Very RARE car!! Its actually not a T-Type, 87's are Turbo T's and yours is a " Limited " which makes it rare! Not too many limiteds were made. Not taking anything away from Reds chip, but also try a Turbo Tweak Chip from Eric Marshall. He burns a awesome chip. Tell you one thing Max, thats one CLEAN car you have. Welcome aboard!!

Jason

thanks! I was wondering about the "Limited" thing. Is there a way to tell by the VIN or RPO codes if it truly is a "Limited" ?

Max

I read that all Limiteds had an "M" in the VIN, not sure how accurate that is but mine doesn't have it.

Max

I read that all Limiteds had an "M" in the VIN, not sure how accurate that is but mine doesn't have it.

Max

Thats defintaly one of the best ways to tell. Someone must have put the Limited plate on the dash because its lit at night. Anyway I wont tell anyone!;)

Back