Finally got to the track with the TTA...

Captain Mark

Well, finally got to the track for the fist time this weekend. I wanted to know what times the car is running before I start modding and tuning.

With my stock turbo at 14 psi boost, stock injectors and street tires, I ran a 13.0 at 106 mph. I thought that was pretty darn good! Looks like 12's won't be much of a problem. Oh yeah, I was running race gas.

All smiles here:D :D :D :D

Maybe more than mine as far as miles but yours is faster! Some mods will get you in the low 12's pretty easily if not high 11's/ Looks like a fun summer in your future.

Very, very nice Mark, I bet your still smiling. Curious to why you didnt jack up the boost a bit since you had race gas. What kind of chip? You are 11's bound, no doubt about it:)

Because of some prior mods done to the car. I am not able to adjust the boost in its current state. I will be changing this crazy situation soon. Like I said, I wanted a baseline performance before I start modding.

Your right Mark, still smiling.......:cool:

Originally posted by striker_29
Very, very nice Mark, I bet your still smiling. Curious to why you didnt jack up the boost a bit since you had race gas. What kind of chip? You are 11's bound, no doubt about it:)

Sorry, you ask me what kind of chip. I am running a stock chip.

The car has exhaust and intake mods, 3200 stall converter.

Without additional boost or timing, the race gas served no purpose.....well...other than possibly fouling the O2 sensor a bit if it had lead in it. Just giving you a hard time a little, some people believe that if you add race gas you get a performance increase without changing anything else. ;)

That tells me something isn't quite right. 14lbs of boost and a stock chip shouldn't show any knock, but yes the good gas can help with that. Don't get me wrong, I believe in keeping everything as safe as possible and race gas is one of the best things you can do. Figure out the cause of your knock before you change a single thing, then do your upgrades.

That is exactly the game plan. i have to get a scantool of some kind and start figuring it out. I can floor it, and with 93 octane it will show knock on the knock gage. That makes me nervous. But the high octane clears that up. Any ideas??

Originally posted by Captain Mark
That is exactly the game plan. i have to get a scantool of some kind and start figuring it out. I can floor it, and with 93 octane it will show knock on the knock gage. That makes me nervous. But the high octane clears that up. Any ideas??

Real Knock!

You prolly have too much timing..... Are you 100% sure it is the stock chip?

No I'm not absolutely sure. The chip says "Stock Chip" on it. I have a couple of thrashers, but did not put either one in, because I cannot adjust the boost.....so what's the use.

Well, when I got my car it had a pit bull chip 26* timing:eek: and it would Knock on 13psi so I put the thrasher in and got 18psi 0.0 kr. Much better....Scantool is a must, you Know that.

Get that boost problem fixed and rip some good times w/ slicks !!

Again, congrats on the baseline time.

It says "Stock chip" lol! I'd say get a good 93 chip from one of our excellent chip gurus, I bet that clears it up. And definately get that scan tool. Never the less, very impressive times my man:)

Edit: If one of those thrasher chips is a street chip, try that man...Good luck!

Originally posted by Captain Mark
Well, finally got to the track for the fist time this weekend. I wanted to know what times the car is running before I start modding and tuning.

With my stock turbo at 14 psi boost, stock injectors and street tires, I ran a 13.0 at 106 mph. I thought that was pretty darn good! Looks like 12's won't be much of a problem. Oh yeah, I was running race gas.

All smiles here:D :D :D :D
Congrats! Welcome to the QUICK TTA club! :D

Originally posted by striker_29
It says "Stock chip" lol!

I was wondering if anyone would think that was as funny as I do! I got a handful of chips with the car. I have 2 Thrashers.....a 93 and a 100. One that says "Stock Chip" and one that says "Smog Chip"?!?

I've heard teh Thrasher 100 is a pretty good chip. Anyone else using it? Or, I may just get a Jay Carter chip when I get the boost up.

Bottom line is.....this is lotsa fun!!:cool: