You can type here any text you want

Finally installed EGT Gauge

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fc227

1986 Grand National
Hello everyone,

Well Yesterday in the reminding snow I final installed the EGT gauge. It work’s. But seems to be a little slow in response. I have not road tested it yet, because of the weather lately.

I'm also running out of Room for all these gauges. I have a Boost /vacuum gauge. Oil Pressure, Water temp, Tack, and now the EGT. Anyone ever build a gauge pod for the top of the dash? I have to do something.

Now once the weather breaks and since E-town is now open. I can get down there and really test the Alky injection I made.

Hey Greg is you ready for next Month when L.V.D. opens?

I will have an EGT gauge this year. I'm also going to put a probe in the compressor's outlet.

I'm very concerned with slow response. I bought a 1/8" diameter probe with an exposed tip like I have seen sold with some EGT gauges. It's not as fast as some of the thin wire probes I have at work. I will be able to borrow different probes from work to check them out. My meter has 4 inputs, so I can compare them at the same time. If they aren't fast enough, they are no good, IMO.

I had a 6"x2"x 3" box that held two gauges, but I went with a A-pillar holder from autometer. A box that measures about 8"x 2.25"x3" would hold three gauges nicely. Maybe you could put the water and oil under the dash?

'fraid not, Fred. I have some personal things going on and I told Aldo, my machinist, to set my stuff aside until he hears from me again. GB

Originally posted by fc227
I'm also running out of Room for all these gauges. I have a Boost /vacuum gauge. Oil Pressure, Water temp, Tack, and now the EGT. Anyone ever build a gauge pod for the top of the dash? I have to do something.

Fred,
Everytime I look at my dash I think the same thing. Going to have to go looking in the junk yards. My 88 Fiero had a center gauge pod that I think I could make fix on top of the dash.......Then add a slide, so you could slide it from side to side depending on which lane you line up on.....to many ideas not enough time...
Jim

Add me to the list of those with an EGT gauge. :) I just made one WOT run and saw 1446°.

I had a bung welded to the up pipe, just above the header joint. It's about 3-4" downsteam of the O2 sensor. I'll also be able to measure pre-turbo back pressure from the same place.

Back