Finally passed TX State Emissions!!

Jeff

'87 GN (for sale)
I have been fighting some really weird problems with my '87 since I got it back a few weeks ago. The main problem was that it failed the emissions test which is part of the state inspection, so I couldn't legally drive it...that sux.
Today I passed it with flying colors, a huge difference!
The main problem seemed to be the EGR solenoid, I think it had a vacuum leak somewhere internally. I replaced it and tested and cleaned the EGR valve, bammo no more problems. Also improved my idle and spool up, increasing power, which is always a good thing!
The other things I found and fixed...
Fuel return line was crimped shut causing FP to be 60 psi at all times. Cut out bad section and installed hose, installed new FP regulator. Problem solved...
Spark plug wires were loose. Turns out my new wires are VERY tight on the plug and I didn't have them all the way snapped down. Went around and snapped them all, now have great spark.
Adjusted IAC and TPS.
Installed new positive lead to battery, old one had contacted header and I think it was occasionally shorting.
Cleaned fan relay connectors and installed new relays.
Ran a gallon of Xylene through it with half a tank of gas to clean the injectors.
Also cut out about 4 extra feet of wire on the starter solenoid lead (failed attempt at starter kill by previous owner) which cured my hot start problem.
but the EGR solenoid was the real winner in all this...
Thanks to everyone who answered all my questions, which may have seemed stupid, but you guys really helped me with troubleshooting.
Later
Jeff