Finally.....rebuild update...

Freddie's Buick

Hell No! I'm not a junior
Yep! Shes going to the machine shop!:eek: My little V-6....Here's the line-Up:

Kenne-Bell Hypereutectic notched pistons made by Speed-Pro, (H522P). Poston's 1.777 stainless steel intake valves and stock exhaust valves. 3-angle valve job all the way around. Jim Ruggle's port modification and crank modification suggestions.

The rings are nothing fancy....Kenne Bell bought made by Speed-Pro regular iron. Poston bought cam bearings with the Ruggles suggested mod on the front cam. Reconditioned shot-peened rods smoothened out by yours truly.

Port-matching will not be done. (Priced $130.00 way too much and too much down time.)

As one can see.....there's not much to it. I'll let everyone know what she feels like after I'm finished! :D

Hi Fred;

You might want to rethink about the hypereutectic pistons . In the buick engines if you denotate the engine the piston(s) crack.
It's your money but a set of forged piston and have the assembly balnaced will save you problems down the road.

Just my opinon , But I have heard alot of people complain about those stlye pistons.

Are you going for a full porting on the heads ? Is really makes a big differance.

You're absolutly right Fred.....turbo vehicles can face serious problems with these types of pistons if one has detonation problems. Luckily mine is'nt a turbo:) ., or I would of gone for forged pistons as an extra measure of safety.

As for the porting, I've read that there should be a huge differance in performance if properly done. Believe me, I am not totally convinced. But since I'm in there and so's the $$, I figured why not? :rolleyes: I guess I'll find out in a week or so.....

Porting knocked a full secound off my ET. and added 7MPH in the traps!

If you decide to port , I can give you the name of the guy that did mine.