You can type here any text you want

Finished with Powermaster

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Haha, shirley. Surely the wait isn't helping my drinking problem. Yep, I shipped the powermaster to Kirban on the 23rd, getting the GNX inner fender bezels to make my louvers semi-functional. The Hydroboost is a reman, but they had the option of a new one for $50 more

No update, just a different shot of the Alradco hybrid fans that I wired up today. Chip controls the drivers side, and I'm changing out the temp switch in the intake to turn the passenger side one on at 186, but it'll also come on with the A/C. Pic also shows the new flex lines the local shop installed. Hope the new hoses will hold the 134 for more than a few months at a time.

Attachments

• Alradco1.jpg
    Alradco1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 92
Always something... Got a refund from tallon hydraulics, 3 weeks without shipping, never order right before Christmas I guess.. Bought a reman hydroboost pump from Oreillys, was just shy of $200 after tax. Ordered the hoses from Autozone, close to $60 for them both, one arrived today, still waiting on the other. Going to have the shop that replaced the flex portion of the A/C lines make me some stainless braided hose using the oems as a template since I really wanted the stainless/AN look on the lines. Maybe by this weekend I can actually get the thing on the road!!!

Did you pick up a brass tee , hose clamps and a section of trans line to make a return line?
What master cylinder are you using?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Found a brass 3/8" tee, using a m/c from a 2000 s10, the lines don't have to be swapped with it and has a 1" bore. Gonna pick up the return line from that hydraulic supply store tomorrow. Just got a call, the HB to steering gear line finally showed up. Will have progress tomorrow afternoon!

I certainly hope so Conrad! So far the most difficult thing has been trying to remove the lower bolt on the inside of the car that has the clip holding the wireloom, followed by the pin holding the rod to the pedal. I dropped the HB and the MC into place to get an idea of what I need to do with the brake line from the MC to my line lock, the MC is around 3 or 4" further forward than with the powermaster. Is there supposed to be a gasket or a spacer/shim between the HB and the MC? In one pic you can see the gap there, if I press them together as if they are bolted together, the piston in the MC bore moves. This is probably what I get for using a different MC that was suggested by a manufacturer that makes entire kits. I may just have a shim made if need be rather than using washers. The MC no longer comes with the bench bleed kit, a small selection of adapters and some black hose (Hose I won't use, using clear from a speed bleeder kit) was almost 10 bucks!

Attachments

• Hydroboost.jpg
    Hydroboost.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 72
  • HydroboostMC.jpg
    HydroboostMC.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 71
Despite my best intentions of having billet mounting for the HB and stainless braided hoses, everything looks OEM except for the MC. I used a drill bit and drilled the MC piston some to mmake clearance rathing than using a shim. Took about 2 hours to get the pedal hooked to the rod and the 4 bolts lined up through the firewall. Going to put a 3/8" brass elbiw near the return on the HB. Have to bleed all 4 wheels and will report back Saturday.

Attachments

• IMG_20140109_155101_922.jpg
    IMG_20140109_155101_922.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 63
Fun stuff handlin up under the dash isn't it. Glad you are making progress.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I hate laying under there, all twisted/upside down and why'd they have to make everything sharp under there? May need a tetanus shot!

Moved under its own power!!! Pump is making some noise, but not bad. Bled the rear brakes, speed bleeders rule. Still have to bleed the fronts.

I pretty much bled until in got nice clear fluid. Took a while but I got as much old fluid out and new in as I could. I bought the speed bleeders but they are still in the package. We did it old school. My two youngest girls got a charge taking turns operating the pedal as I did the under car part. Great fun for us.

Have you jacked the front up and run then steering lock to lock several times? Keep the reservoir topped up while doing it. Does the power steering fluid look OK? Might need some new swapped in.

I'm sure your daughters will have fond memories of that;). No help for me, I could've had Jay come over, but the times I work on the car are random at best. Haven't jacked up the front yet to cycle steering, will do that in the morning before bleeding the brakes. The wind came up and started a nice dust storm (early NM Spring?), so I put her back in the garage. Most of the fluid in the P/S system is new. Working on the 3rd bottle of royal purple fluid.

Back