You can type here any text you want

Fired new engine! Intercooler suggestions?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbows6

I just got my new engine running last night, and it sounds great! No leaks and everything is in perfect running order. The engine sounds as smooth as a sewing machine under the hood. Exhaust is 3" from the turbo back and has a Magnaflow stainless catback. It sounds more like an exotic than a Lesabre. I had the same combo built on the stock shortblock previously, but now it's on a balanced shortblock with diamond forged pistons and 9.1 compression to compliment the 212/212 camshaft and it has .040 piston to head clearance to take advantage of the closed chamber heads and matching piston dish. It runs and idles smoother, revs quicker, and sounds tougher than it did with the stock 8:1 compression by far. I have a real good feeling about this engine. On a side note I wanted to get some input about stock location intercoolers for TTA's. I currently have a stock intercooler with a duttweiler neck and Razor's kit. Are there any good aftermarket stock location intercoolers that aren't dangerously close to the ground, and if so, do you think it is worth while if you have a properly functioning alcohol kit?

Congrats.. no aftermarket IC's I know off.. there was one put here for sale a few weeks ago.. Jim in Pa had it for sale. It was made by Mease.

Your probably fine till upper 10's on the stocker and alky.

HTH

Back