FIRST 9-SEC NA C5 Vette Runs 9.98/136MPH @ Atco *Video*

that car has to be on juice.....ligenfelter ran a twin turbo 427ci vette at 9.18

I thought the same thing before watching the video but if he was running juice it would be smoking enough to see it. If its truley a no power adder engine its got to be in the 450 cubic inch class at least and prolly running max compression. Was this an LS1 based engine?

We had a guy here in Austin, TX who ran a 9.9x @ 144 on his C5 Vette 2 years ago in March on a solo pass. He had 135 shot of nitrous w/ MTI 422ci. 6-spd. He later ran 9.8 @ 147 that night.

Stephen Sanders (Troy, Al.) ran a 9.82 2 years ago in a late model LS1 camaro (2000 model I think).. He ran that time N/A, no power adder.. No it's not a vette, but it WAS the first LS1 in the 9's n/a..

:D

More info on this Vette......

441ci, C5R block (this block alone is $6K), Cartek Stage-5 LS6 heads, Hyd. roller cam, 11.5:1 CR, and it is an A4 (Rossler built 4L60E)......

1ARUNEM, "Colonel" Sander's MTI 422ci LS1 Camaro did run 9's NA, but it was light (about 3000lbs w/ driver if my memory serves me correct).....

I have seen that car tons of times at RacewayPark with a bottle in the back......Running low 10's///....I guess he changed the combo.....Either way....Its a damn fast car!!!..;)

NOT impressed!!!

Pro Stocks run 6s at 200+ MPH with no power adder and a complex set of rules that limits their performance. Just add tons of money and stir!

Takes money to play the game!! :D Not how I would spend that much money, and I wouldn't think it to be $150k, but more power to him if he's got the cash.

Stephen Sanders car was DRIVEN over two hours to the track and run and then driven home. Only big changes made at teh track were the tires, dropping the mufflers and probably a little timing.

It was on a diet as brick mentioned, but credit where credit is due..

9's N/A in a VERY streetable car is impressive if you ask me..

Originally posted by 1ARUNEM
Stephen Sanders car was DRIVEN over two hours to the track and run and then driven home. Only big changes made at teh track were the tires, dropping the mufflers and probably a little timing.

It was on a diet as brick mentioned, but credit where credit is due..

9's N/A in a VERY streetable car is impressive if you ask me..

:eek: :eek:

now... if I can just trade in my work car...