First & Last 10 sec. Passes Thanx 2 all who helped

Clark6

I would like to thank EVERYONE who helped me achieve this goal of my first 2 10 sec passes.
1st pass: foot brake 1 psi launch creeping up slightly so i stomped it.
1.8 60ft.
1/8...7.4
mph.. 97.40
1/4...11.43 @119.65 at 22psi boost

2nd pass: 5 psi t-brake launch
1.64..60ft
1/8..6.87
mph.. 101.71
1/4...10.75 @ 125.78 at 24psi boost

last pass: 10 psi t-brake launch
1.467... 60ft :eek:
1/8..6.72
mph..101.45
1/4...10.633 @ 124.27mph @ 24 psi boost
I lifted for a split sec during the end of 1/8th due to a noise i heard in the rear then i got back in it & still pulled it off.:eek:

Never again though I had NO KNOCK!! BUT I was running too lean on all runs & need a double pumper or boost a pump. It was good traction & air at Reynolds:)and didnt want to press my luck.
(Im done at the track though, finished, done-- sellin slicks in the for sale section) I didnt need them, the spankin brand new m/t radials done excellent!!(1.46 60ft)

Money on Gas, tires & tranny fluid= $$hundreds$$
Engine/Suspension parts & turbo=$$thousands$$
10 sec daily driver at 19 to 20 mpg with lockup=$$$PRICELESS$$$

I would like to give a BIG THANKS TO ALL who helped me achieve this:
1)this board
2)Full throttle speed for major engine/parts
3)Jack Cotton for other engine parts
3)Freds Turbo Performance for having my engine & putting it together to his specs
4)H&R Parts & Tom Champion for obvious parts
5)G-body parts for headers, valve covers
6)Extreme Automatics/Lonnie for a mean tranny
7)Razor & his Alky
8)BISON on his excellent advice, suggestions, tunning tips & other secrets;)
9)Patrick on turbo advice.
10) Any one else I may have left out & im sure i did Im just so excited & off the top of my head cant think straight at the moment.:tongue:

Signature updated in a moment. But i do wonder what would have happened IF i had MORE FUEL, 27 psi boost, 26/23 timing, 70mm dog house plenum, front mount intercooler, nahh that stuff probably would just slow me up!!!!

I would like to thank EVERYONE who helped me achieve this goal of my first 2 10 sec passes.
1.8 60ft.
1/8...7.4
mph.. 97.40

1.64..60ft
1/8..6.87
mph.. 101.71

1/8..6.72
mph..101.45
I lifted for a split sec during the end of 1/8th due to a noise i heard in the rear then i got back in it & still pulled it off.:eek:

Never again though I had NO KNOCK!! BUT I was running too lean on all runs & need a double pumper or boost a pump. It was good traction & air at Reynolds:)and didnt want to press my luck.
(Im done at the track though, finished, done-- sellin slicks in the for sale section) I didnt need them, the spankin brand new m/t radials done excellent!!(1.46 60ft)

1)this board
3)Freds Turbo Performance for having my engine & putting it together to his specs
7)Razor & his Alky
10) Any one else I may have left out & im sure i did Im just so excited & off the top of my head cant think straight at the moment.:tongue:

Signature updated in a moment. But i do wonder what would have happened IF i had MORE FUEL, 27 psi boost, 26/23 timing, 70mm dog house plenum, front mount intercooler, nahh that stuff probably would just slow me up!!!!

Man Congrats! Why didn't you tell me when I called?! Both hit 10's today! Awesome!

Man Congrats! Why didn't you tell me when I called?! Both hit 10's today! Awesome!

I was gonna call you back when you returned from picking up Abigail, I figure you was busy on the road & you gave me all of your details, & i was gonna give you All of mine when you got caught up and had the chance.:D Yes the track over here is no good, those 2 that you and I went to were GREAT. I didnt put this post up till late.

high five Ray! glad to hear you achieved your goal!
great to see you and everyone at reynolds.

Way to go my friend! I told you you had all the right stuff and just had to get it tweaked. 3# more boost made a BIG difference didn't it? The crosshairs on you now lol!

Thanks Fred & Doug.
yes Doug that little bleeder valve done the trick. I have a Nova & a WS6(both have 200 shots, all that for a little ole V6) on my tail lookin for trouble already.:eek: Somebody's gonna get taught a lesson, be it me or them.:wink:

I missed it Ray but congrats!! When I got there, I heard about your run and that you had already left. That's quite an accomplishment! :)

1.8 60ft.
1/8...7.4
mph.. 97.40

1.64..60ft
1/8..6.87
mph.. 101.71

1/8..6.72
mph..101.45

1)this board
7)Razor & his Alky

Congrats on the times Clark! I was at Reynolds also. I done ALOT of video taping If you can send me a pic of your car and I will see if I got some footage of it. Nelson Febus who does all the "buick video's" is putting together a DVD of the whole event for us..

Good times!
Scot W.

Ray, congrats man !!!!!! I have been in atlanta doing training for CSX railroad so this is the first chance I had to holler at you. You KNOW I am coming for you now hahahahahahaha. Way to go man ! Daniel Ray
ps what convertor did you end up getting, I think the pats I have is slipping a lot and hurting my times

An Edge Racing 9.5" like I put in my Stang. He sent it in and they freshened it and upgraded the stator and the 60 fts went way down.