You can type here any text you want

First "Race"... Got My Pee Pee Spanked

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Azrial89

Well, went to NITRO JAM in Tucson, AZ last night. Needless to say I was amped up when I left, so me and my buddies went looking for some races. Ask and you shall receive, we located the "hive" of ricers and mustangs at the local IN & Out. I pulled in and instantly had a swarm and got bombarded with retarted questions by a bunch of kids, then a Jud wanted to run his Cobra... I knew going in it was probably not gonna end well for me, especially since I'm bone stock and I'm willing to bet he had about 10K into it. Well Ling story short, we did a rolling run from 40mph. I got dominated. It was really disappointing. So know I guess I will pose the question... What should my steps be to beat the Cobra. Everyone always says have a goal... Well that's mine

Bummer dude! That sucks.

How much money do you want to throw at this problem? I have a feeling that the free, to simple, everyday upgrades will not be enough.

~JM~

Well I have had the car a year and I'm just really looking to make it my own, so I'm wanting to upgrade over time with no real deadline. Just something to fiddle with and in the end lay some waste

All the basics...fuel pump, hotwire, downpipe, a scanmaster, power logger, Alky, TT chip, 60lb injectors, spring cleaning, seat time, tuning, patience and a new billet ball bearing turbo if you are going to keep the stock converter. After a few runs, a new tranny, some good tires...it never stops...
The patience part is optional if you like changing head gaskets and really like to look at your car in the garage while you figure out what necessities you are going to do without to save money for a rebuild.

Bryan

First you might want to go get your wallet. :p

Get a Scanmater and learn to use it. Install a boost guage, and fuel pressure guage.

Buy some BIG plug wires from a vendor here, some AC cr 43ts spark plugs, gapped at some where .032 and .035, play with the gap and find what works best.

Red Armstrong fuel pump and hot wire kit, then cut the restriction off of fuel pump hanger, a Bosch 237, or any good adjustable fuel pressure regulator and a set of 42# injectors, minimum.

Next, get a Duttweiler intercooler neck, and have it tigged on, and remove the factory airbox. Install a K&N cone filter directly to the maf sensor or run it down in front of the left fender liner . Get collector car insurance and lose the Cat converter or gut it if you wish to keep it.

Buy an upgraded cat back exhaust system.

Many vendors here sell restalled converters, talk to them, they will sell you what best fits your needs.

Get an adjustable wastegate actuator, and a Turbo Tweak chip for the combo (Tell Eric what you've got, he'll build a chip to match it).

You might want to get some sticky tires like a pair of M/T drag radails, too.

If you live in Tucson and drive the streets in the summer months I'd suggest a big ALRADCO aluminum radiator and a dual fan set-up.

You'll hand that Moostang his ass. ;)

Once you have all the mods mentioned above, don't roll race...especially a Cobra. At 40mph, you were set up like a perfect pitch right in his wheel house...

Take him from a dig and don't let him string it out into a top end race or....your pee pee will get spanked again when he blows past you at about 125mph...

Thanks for all the tips guys. My lack of mods and severe in experience set me up for complete failure. So begins the build *Queue the training montage* :)

it happens
at least you had the balls to go for it unlike most undefeated street racers that don't race if they think they can't win.

Using the words "spanked" and "pee-pee" in the same sentence is....well, 'ya know. :rolleyes:

Using an avatar with them there friendly little matching 'nanners might tell a bit of a story, too, Mr. glass house man....................:D

Good info here......Along with the parts get to know the adjustments and what the sensors do. And then learn the chip adjustment parameters and seat time. That with time will give you the edge.

Be patient and ease up to the tune. Take your time. Once again learn whats going on and how fuel affects the tune...raising timing in first, etc

Good Luck

Just about forgot the best part of the story. So earlier that day, I went to a car show and meet a guy who sold me some factory bumper fillers. When he went home and grabbed them, he returned with an added bonus, a Grand National t-shirt. So later that day when we went to NITRO JAM I had to wear the gem. So needless to say I did not go home to change after and went straight to find the race... I had completely forgot I was wearing it until I got home and started discussing the a$$ kicking with my friends... I looked down and just started laughing, once my friends noticed it too, they could not contain them selfs. So at least we ha a good laugh.

image-4282662917.jpg

On a serious note though, I really appreciate all of the info. I love this forum... More knowledge and friendly people then you could shake a stick at. Outstanding!

Ass kickings only make you smile more when you get the chance to school someone.

Taking one with dignity as you have will only make the day you hand someone else an ass kicking that much sweeter..........

I fear no Cobra at 0 or 40 mph. Get the right parts and you can too.

I fear very few street Regal's and/or any other street car for that matter and I do not fear for many good reasons.

However, all the right parts or not, an ass kicking can and will happen.

It will quickly bring your head back to reality, don't you think?

There is always someone faster but I would make him earn it. Thats half the fun.....

Back