You can type here any text you want

First "Race"... Got My Pee Pee Spanked

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Yea don't roll race a cobra...GN's love to race from a dig. Not sure how much power the cobra u ran is making for sure but I ran a modded '03 Cobra (pullied, exhaust, tune) and with the mods in my sig I beat him both times by a couple car lengths (cuz I let off). I think I could take him from a roll also but roll racing is for ricers. LOL!
What I've learned about my car is...if it hooks it's all over...I think topend he would have eventually reeled me in...but if u kill them in the first sixty feet they lose.

Kick 'em in the left knee!
Kick 'em in the right knee!
Kick 'em in the Weeeee neeeeeed a kill story!!!!

Send him my way. I'll roll race him

Yeah, no roll racing. Our cars are great off the line especially stock. If he didnt no about your car and heard it had a turbo he probably woulda got nervious, and spun on the launch. Happens alot when people dont know what their up agaisnt. Stock or modded, ignorance is a killer :D

Just about forgot the best part of the story. So earlier that day, I went to a car show and meet a guy who sold me some factory bumper fillers. When he went home and grabbed them, he returned with an added bonus, a Grand National t-shirt. So later that day when we went to NITRO JAM I had to wear the gem. So needless to say I did not go home to change after and went straight to find the race... I had completely forgot I was wearing it until I got home and started discussing the a$$ kicking with my friends... I looked down and just started laughing, once my friends noticed it too, they could not contain them selfs. So at least we ha a good laugh.

View attachment 157310

You have a good attitude. Theres a bunch of good advice about all the basics you need here from guys way more knowledgeable than I, so you're in good hands. This board will never leave you hanging.

BTW consider yourself lucky that you have a bone stock GN to play with, learn from and improve upon in a way that will be all your own. I'm no TR vet, but I do know most of the guys here haven't experienced that thrill of newness since the early 90s!

You own a street racing legend. These cars have that status for a reason. You have a good goal and the right car to do it. You'll get there.

i mad the mistake once of roll racing a celica gt4 and his budy with a celica gt with a 3.3 sienna motor and a solor 6 speed tranny i got my pee pee really hard i learned
but then again i roll raced some kid driving dadys chevelle ss and made him bit the dust in front of his girl friend unfortunatly turns out that was my company sargent majors sun and he dint apreciat me killing his chevelle hahahaha

Dont dont be scurred and learn how to launch your car from a dead dig...You have no idea how many times i won a race with my gn stock cause the other guy was having a john force moment, or missing a gear, or sleep at the light, lots of people buy fast cars but cant drive them, Invest in some mickey drag radials, they make a night and day difference, just be careful in the rain..

Also if you cant afford all your upgrades just yet,and you know for a fact you are out gunned then rely upon your cars evil reputation, tell them ur not wasting ur gas on them lol 8 times outta 10 they back down :) If your stock stuff is in good shape youd be suprised how far it will take you...make sure your car is running right first(spring clean) and change one thing at a time....Start with the boost gauge and scanmaster and learn how to use them, then do the turbo tweak chip, fuel pump of your choice,adj regulator,hotwire,cold air,test pipe or gut the cat and then you can play with the boost with the stock turbo, and add some race gas..leaded gas will kill your o2 sensor eventually but better to replace an o2 than headgaskets....this stuff is a good cost effective start it wont make you faster than the cobra but you notice a big difference and you can run with it from there...

I think more turbo regal owners need to learn how to make power. Power to weight ratio is what will make your car pull a higher g force at a given mph and resistance to a degree. If you are racing against a 400hp modern car and have a mildly modified TR with stock heads and running 93 octane you are leaving yourself wide open to get pounded.

Also if you cant afford all your upgrades just yet,and you know for a fact you are out gunned then rely upon your cars evil reputation, tell them ur not wasting ur gas on them lol 8 times outta 10 they back down :)

LOL. I did that when my old alky pump broke and I couldn't get into boost for a few weeks. ;)

I think more turbo regal owners need to learn how to make power. Power to weight ratio is what will make your car pull a higher g force at a given mph and resistance to a degree.

What would this mean to the OP?

Vampire said:
LOL. I did that when my old alky pump broke and I couldn't get into boost for a few weeks. ;)

What would this mean to the OP?
It would mean that he needs to make a lot more power to race successfully.

You can "launch" your car at 40 by foot braking it while building boost in 2nd.

It also helps to have a car that will go from 40 to 100 in the mid 4's.:)

Mean Chicken when are you going to start terrorizing the streets again? I really enjoy your stories.

I sold my 04 Cobra and still have the Gn. I kinda miss it, but the Gn does pull a ton harder from a dead launch. The cobra was killer from a roll because I could shift down to second or third and hammer it. I do miss that whine from the eaton sometimes.

Back