You can type here any text you want

First time at the track this weekend....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Captain Mark

Well, finally got to the track for the fist time this weekend. I wanted to know what times the car is running before I start modding and tuning.

With my stock turbo at 14 psi boost, stock injectors and street tires, I ran a 13.0 at 106 mph. I thought that was pretty darn good! Looks like 12's won't be much of a problem. Oh yeah, I was running race gas.

Stock boost is 16.5. Why are you only running 14 with race gas? You can do at least 18 with good gas, more than likely...more.

And good times. Now lets see some mid 12's :)

Originally posted by TTA 1387
Stock boost is 16.5. Why are you only running 14 with race gas? You can do at least 18 with good gas, more than likely...more.

I can't answer that. This is the way it has been since I bought it a couple of months ago. I have not reached 15 psi yet. And, because of some prior mods done to the car. I am not able to adjust the boost in its current state. I will be changing this crazy situation soon. Like I said, I wanted a baseline performance before I start modding.

How did you launch your car and what was your 60ft?

Any head work done to it? Sorry for all the Q's....:D

Bo

Originally posted by TT/Ameasap
How did you launch your car and what was your 60ft?

Any head work done to it? Sorry for all the Q's....:D

Bo

Launched at around 3-4 psi with a 1.9 60ft.

No head work that I know of.

Less than stock boost levels is impressive I must say...:D

Good Job Captain Mark!:)

Bo

Almost at the gate.. :D

What are you using to monitor knock retard? What boost guage are you using? Better pump that race gas out else your O2 will be toast.

Nice job.. btw..

If you get some Nitto's or BFG DR's..12.50's are yours.. I was running 12.80's and installed a power plate and nitto's..next time out..12.30's on stock turbo and injectors..even the stock fuel pump..which I could tell wasnt enough :)

Whats up with your boost control? is it explainable?

Caspers Knock gauge.

I already have a power plate installed.

It has what looks like a TIAL BOV on it. Not an adjustable wastegate. I had some other GN guys look at it at the track and no one else could figure it out either. I'll just jerk it out and replace it with something that I can adjust.

Oh by the way, I was running about 5 gallons of 93 octane with 5 gallons of race gas. Maybe it won't trash my O2 sensor.

Razor, you set the standard for me. I want this car to be where yours is with a minimum amount of mods. Luckily, it looks like I have a pretty strong car to work with.

You probably have an external wastegate.And an aftermarket down pipe. Probably an ATR. That wastegate has a spring in it which lets you regulate boost depending on its pressure.

I would tell you to contact ATR for info..they should get you squared up.Problem is there are a bunch of different springs..

I'll leave you with that tid bit. The casper guage is OK..but you really need to see some real numbers.. start looking at a direct scan setup, that way you record the whole run and see whats going on. I have found that the scamaster I own has to be one of the best investments ever made into my car..next is the alky kit from SMC..

Cheers

Julio

That's my setup alright. I think I will contact Tial and get some info. Maybe I won't have to change anything in that area.

Scanmaster is next. Where do I get one?

Originally posted by Captain Mark
Scanmaster is next. Where do I get one?

http://www.Ramchargers.com

Tell them you are a TB.com member and they will give you a discount. Normal price is aound $ 250

Also, as Julio pointed out racegas will take its toll on O2 sensors, life varies. Denso makes a lead resistant O2 that works excellent.
I run straight 110 Sunaco all the time.

http://www.densoaftermarket.com

PN#234-1001

Razor, you had it right. The Tial external wastegate comes with an internal spring that automatically sets the boost. Mine must be set at about 14 psi. The good news is I can keep this setup, order new springs for more boost, and install a boost controller that should let me dial in required amount of boost.

From what I have read, the Tial unit is a quality unit. I'll just have to figure it all out.

Click on my lin below and you can see it. It's right under my turbo.

Back