You can type here any text you want

First time at track with TTA

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I'd almost bet my life that the puck is not sealing against the hole in the elbow. I had the very same problem with no boost off the line then low boost - 13-15. But mine was only occasional. Worse, it usually did a great burnout easily then would stick slightly open at the line. One time when attempting to crank up the boost I was trying to get the actuator rod back on the wg arm and I felt it "click" and snap shut. It only moved about a millimeter. Barely enough to see. But right there in the pits I took the elbow off and filed the edge of the puck and the edge of its hole just ever so slightly until I could close it easily every time. Never had a problem since. HTH
And if you grenade your trans be sure to flush your converter VERY well before you put it into your fresh new trans. There's a whole 'nother story there but I prefer not to get into it.

So me being limited to 14 psi I thought I would take the elbow off and see if the puck was sticking or wouldn't close completely. That wasn't it so I assembled it back together,checked for exhaust leaks and everything looks good.So my original thoughts were going through the cat and a flowmaster that it was stifling the turbo.

Well, I took the cap off my cutout today added 1 gallon of Xylene to 4 gallons of 94 and took her for a blast. WOO!HOO! 19 psi,no knock and a **** load of sideways driving:eek: :eek: :eek:
I still can barely build boost on the line before it pushes ahead though. Seems laggy to me, but again I'm new to diagnosing the 3.8.

I had to cap it back off for the night. The authorities prolly wouldn't like me driving around like that.:cool:
I will try to make it to the track to see if I can better my times(still on street tires until I can get some slicks or dr's).
Hopefully I can get it down to the low 12's, It's got enough mph for mid to high 12's now so at least 5 more pounds of boost should net me a huge gain.

Thanx for all your suggestions guys, I really do appreciate them.....:D

Back