You can type here any text you want

first time to the track

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tta1240

CAMEL TOE
had my tta to the track for the first time this summer results only got two runs first
60ft 2.00
330 ft 5.16
1/8 77.76
1/8 mph 94.93
1000 10.02
1/4 11.90
mph 121.30
second run i will not post too imbarassed
this was on pump gas/alky stock engine car and no tune.my car just dose not seem to lleve the line hard,my car will not build boost on the line.i have a 3200 stall and te61 turbo any suggestions on how i could build boost.

What kind of injectors/chip? That should be enough stall for that turbo. With an Art Carr 3200 and a TE-60 in the past I was able to cut 1.60's on drag radials leaving at 3-4psi. You have some killer MPH, if you can get to where you can 60ft that thing it should put up some good ET's.

im running a turbo tweek chip and 50lbs injectors. ithink if i can get out of the hole better i should run a 11.50.

Are you pushing before you make boost or is it simply you can't rev high enough? That is a real good MPH btw.

Jason

Might want to try another chip. 50's are pretty smooth all around injectors, so if the chip has too much fuel on the bottom end, it would be loading up rich at the line and could keep you from making boost. Back when I ran 50's, I ran both a Jay Carter and Joe Lubrant chip. The car liked the JC better as the Lubrant chip was a little too agressive on the timing.

I never could get my car to hold more than 1-2psi on the foot brake. All my 1.60's were accomplished using the e-brake to launch. ;)

http://www.hi-psi.com/TTA/TTAtote1.jpg

Sounds like you need to have the convertor loosened up. Just because it says its a 3200 stall does not mean it is.

Jicaju said:
Sounds like you need to have the convertor loosened up. Just because it says its a 3200 stall does not mean it is.

True..

Another thing is boost control. Having something that shuts the air from getting to the WG initially will help as well. The RJC boost controller is an inexpensive way to do this.

And redo your rear brakes.. cut the rotors.. get some ceramic pads.. Raybestos.. use the e-brake.. you need to leave on at least 3-4 PSI boost.

Get your 60 foot to 1.6, keep your MPH.. car will run 11.20's-11.30's

I had the same issue (same combo btw, 3200 & 61), couldn't build much boost even with brake pedal mashed and e-brake yanked thru the t-tops. Ended up finding an exhaust leak at the header/turbo flange.

What other mods do you have? That is a killer MPH as previously stated.

What track did you run at? GLD for the BOP meet?

weight ??
block stock
heads stock unported
cam stock
trans built by jimmys 3200 stall vigalante
diff stock
intercooler stock with big neck
throttle body 70mm accufab
rjc power plate yes
injector 50lbs msd
thermostat 160
turbo te61
valve springs 100lbs
maf stock
3 in thdp with dump
fuel pressure 40lbs
alky injection razor pac
23 lbs of boost
turbo tweak chip 22 timming
no boost launch
0 knock retard
done at us 41 maraco in

That is very good MPH for those mods. Get the thing spoolin and you will run low 11's.

Jason

Are you running on stock tires? If not maybe u need some MT Drag Radials that will help with holding more boost off the line and you will get a harder launch. Nice times

BlackRob91 said:
Are you running on stock tires? If not maybe u need some MT Drag Radials that will help with holding more boost off the line and you will get a harder launch. Nice times
no i am running nitto with 16 psi

Back