You can type here any text you want

Fix or Replace trans

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

daves87gn

I have a EA stage 1 trans, bought used

UPS lost then found, repackaged the trans it showed up today with a broken tab

1. its insured, get the money more than likely UPS keeps the trans
2. get UPS to reimburse some $ for damage which seems to be an option, buy core trans and replace all internals with EA parts
3. no big deal just have it welded.

ultimately I would like to keep trans and get some $ back from UPS and just replace housing with a core just not sure if its an option

any help would be appreciated

Thanks

IMG00331-20101227-1157.jpg

anybody? UPS will more thank likely pick it up tomorrow, just trying to see whats gonna be my best bet?

have it welded

or

find a core and stuff it with the EA parts

any help would be appreciated

thanks
Dave

As long as the case isn't cracked I would weld it and use it. How much power are you making? You could always tranfer into another case at a later date if the trans works well.

Cut off the factory bell housing and put an SFI Ultrabell on it for a couple hundred bucks.

John Martin
1986 Buick T-type
9.71 @ 140

As long as the case isn't cracked I would weld it and use it. How much power are you making? You could always tranfer into another case at a later date if the trans works well.

thanks thats what i was thinking, just wanted to make sure it would be OK since one of the parts that broke was a dowel alignment hole, looking to make about 600HP if build goes as planned.

Thanks
Dave

broken trans

if you were closer i could fix it either way, i would chamfer out around the break ,bolt the case to a block and tig it up, file finish the flange.problem solved. bill ups for the repair.

Thanks Guys,

UPS currently has the trans, there was another good size crack by the dowel pin at the bottom left of the pic, we will see if they decide to reimburse me or help with part of the cost

thanks
Dave

It's sounding more and more to me that the case should be replaced. Who knows how many floors it was "dropped from".

I know UPS here in Florida absolutely sux. I ordered a telescope, waited 14 months for it to be built and QA tested. UPS delivered it and the delivery man muscled it off the truck, didn't use a dolly and plopped it down on the cement. The box looked as if it had been twice around the world. When I opened the box, the telescope's primary corrector plate was shattered. A $5700 optical tube trashed.

I filed a claim. Almost two months later the UPS guy finally came and picked it up, and he was a real @sshole. Sorry to vent, but ship Fedex whenever possible.

Reminds me of that ProMo CNBC ran a few Yrs. back. Had a spot with Ford Auto workers & another Co. then the UPS spot, Driver drags large box off back of Truck, it crashes to pavement, He then kicks the box several times until it finally lands on the Handtruck. :biggrin: They ran that thing for a couple Yrs. too. :biggrin:
Every box I receive from UPS is Filthy & Mangled if it arrives at all. :eek::mad:
FedEX & DHL boxes look flawless & clean.:)

The funny thing is there denying responsibility for the damage claiming it was packaged improperly, the real sad part is the packaging, they saw when doing the claim was the packaging THEY DID:eek:,

Yep, they said the same thing here. The UPS guy said 'packaged improperly' without even opening the box. It must be their standard vanilla-answer. The box was double-boxed with molded styrofoam ends etc. They're just idiots.

Back