You can type here any text you want

Flat RPM in second gear

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MSDGN

I had a problem on a run where second gear RPM's stayed flat at 5350...normally the RPM's climb nice and smooth until I shift around 6000...could I have screwed something up in XFI to cause that?...I did decrease the Fuel Cut-Off RPM to 6500 and Fuel Cut-On RPM to 6300...but wouldn't think that could have caused the problem...

So no one has any answers to this?...I just want to know if it's possible for XFI...even if it's a glitch in the software to cause the car to run at a flat RPM in a specific gear...

Did you change any table resolution on the rpm axis? Meaning, does your VE table stop at 5350 rpm for example?

TurboTR

I run a GenII with Extender G chip and had a problem with my car dying about 5500. I figured out that I had 24 degrees of timing in the car from 3500 to 5500 rpm's then it was set to 21 degrees above it. I overlooked this when I set my GenII up initially and like a dumb butt I did not realize it until last week. I can add and remove fuel based on engine load and rpm as well as adjust timing per 250 RPM increments. Do you have timing settings based on rpm's? I don't know XFI so I apologize if my response is not relevant.

Nope...only thing that looked stange were the RPM's...the O2 correction looked good...spark/boost were all where they should be...I ran the car again the following week and it did the same thing but again only on the second run...first run it was fine...second run...going WOT in second gear...RPM's stayed flat at around 5400...car wasn't missing or sputtering...the RPM's just wouldn't climb...I shifted into third because I could tell the RPM's weren't going anywhere...and when I did it flared to 6900 RPM's...since then I have put in a new tranny...not done with it yet so don't know if it will fix the problem...I've never experienced anything like this before...in any car...

If you want, send me your logs and program and I look them over.

Back