inconsistent surge. hard to pinpoint the problem.

whenever this surge happens the car never dies completely, I take my foot off the gas and it cuts in and out for mabye 2 -3 secs, check engine light flashes on and off like mad. and sometimes even resets the computer whenever it happens. my scanmaster readings will flip out and give me a bunch of different error codes and then go back to 00 once its done having an aneurysm lol what is happening?!?!?!
Sounds like the ECM is intermittently loosing power.
I would follow the orange wire at the battery that provides power to the ECM. I had one end up melted on the passenger header and it would randomly blow the fuse. Maybe you have a bad connection somewhere in the ECM power orange wire that starts at the battery cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TurboBuRick

Staff member
Definitely computer or electrical connection related. Possible bad chip connection. Pull the chip and pry up leads with a safety pin.

Unplug the ecm and look for white corrosion in the sockets.

Make sure battery cables are tight. Make sure the orange wire connector is getting a good connection.

Trace the positive battery cable down to the starter. Make sure it’s not touching the header and burned through insulation. It can short out on the header.