Flexible Oil line to the Turbo?

WH1Driver

I was just putting the top back on my hot air motor and after nearly completeing it I realized that I hadn't routed the stock oil line to the turbo under the fuel rail and around a bracket properly. Being lazy as usuall I got to thinking about just running a flexible oil line that I could easily lace through everything to the turbo instead. Who had done this? I've seen motors out there with stainless hose running every which way. Can I use a length of this for the turbo feed line?

I've got a 87 GN NOT intercooled and I just bought a steel braided line from the local performance store to replace the stock "brake line" type oil line. Find a performance store somewhere around you, take the stock line in and they should be able to hook you up with the line and the right sized fittings. I got away with getting a line the length of the stocker from end to end not including the bends and it was still a little longer than I needed. I'm not sure how the line runs on a Hot Air but the steel braided line works and looks a lot better, and probably keeps the oil a little cooler.

-dan

I checked some lines out at the local shop. They have size 4 and 6. I think I can get away with the size 4 that is sold for running lines to mechanical oil gauges. I'm wondering if I can't just use the ends of the existing line pluged into the flexible hose fastened with Fuel line clamps. Any body have input on this?