Floorshifter linkage

mr84ss

whats up family. I finally got one of my dream cars, 87 grand nat. I got her home last night. My problem is the oringnal owner neglected this car and it sat at a shop for a couple years and somebody removed some kind of linkage piece when it sat outside. Ok my question is when i move the floor shifter lever it moves freely. I have to put the car in gear by turning the bottom portion of the steering column to get it to go in gear and i dont want to do that to get her to move. Do anybody have a picture or idea on what im missing to be able to use the floorshifter instead of bottom of steering column like its a column shift car? thank you in advance for your input

whats up family. I finally got one of my dream cars, 87 grand nat. I got her home last night. My problem is the oringnal owner neglected this car and it sat at a shop for a couple years and somebody removed some kind of linkage piece when it sat outside. Ok my question is when i move the floor shifter lever it moves freely. I have to put the car in gear by turning the bottom portion of the steering column to get it to go in gear and i dont want to do that to get her to move. Do anybody have a picture or idea on what im missing to be able to use the floorshifter instead of bottom of steering column like its a column shift car? thank you in advance for your input

Sounds to me like this is what you're looking for:

shifter linkage.jpb.jpg

http://www.gbodyparts.com/product_info.php?products_id=1031&osCsid=2d6d1e9f19b03e6433d0e576653d01c4

probably the notorius shifter cable is broke or the clips are missing and its not connected anymore.
everything between the column and the trans is good.its between the shifter and the trans,where the issue is.

X2 sounds like shifter cable issue. The parts store ones don't work correctly and/or break. I know of one person who used a B&M cable and modded it to work with the stock shifter setup.

he sent a picture and turns out the shifter is unhooked from trans bracket.

Attachments

• 20140928_230342.jpg
    20140928_230342.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 276
Thanks everyone for the good advice. Im learning alot quick from you'll.The linkage was unhooked but when I hooked it up. It still didn't work. So I removed the console and found the cable hooked up but with wires hanging out of it. Now I have to get a good oem type cable