You can type here any text you want

Flow matched v. Non-flow matched

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WH1_T-Type

I am getting new 60 pound injectors and am torn between Turbotweak and the Full Throttle.

TT offers a set of flow matched and a chip for only a bit more but they are out of stock.

FTS has them non-flow matched and if I got an extender chip it is a bit cheaper then the TT set BUT I also have a GENII that would have more tuning capabilities when used with an Extender chip.

So it comes down to: should I get flow matched w/a slight bit less tuneability? Or go with the FTS set and have the extra abilities with the GENII? How much of a difference will flow matching make?

Ok here we go .. Flow matched only means that the injectors flow at the same rate .. I could have a set that met the very bottom of the standard say 60's then have a set that are matched but flow 63 . But at the end of the day they are all 60 pd injectors .. So you might just get the worst set of 60's but id still go with matched .. You just dont want one injector or another firing to much fuel .it make's for a ruff idle .. Hope this helps in your quest ..

I've been told that one end of our engines run lean and the other runs rich. Don't remember which is which. I'd buy the non matched set and have them flowed so you know which is lean/rich, then install where they do the most good. My 37#swere different, so that's what we did...

I've been told that one end of our engines run lean and the other runs rich. Don't remember which is which. I'd buy the non matched set and have them flowed so you know which is lean/rich, then install where they do the most good. My 37#swere different, so that's what we did...
hello; I've heard the same but never did any thing about it but maybe vendors who sell new injectors should have a set sold with flow numbers so we can do that.
I think it's the rear cylinders that get lean but I'd like to know for sure.
IBBY

On a 500hp 6 cyl application 2-3% doesn't mean crap. The airflow isn't matched through the engine and very few run egt's on every cylinder. The chip or aftermarket ecu could be cylinder corrected the % variance in injector flow but not knowing the egt it's a waste of thinking.

hmmm...doing searchings on the 'net, I'm finding things saying how much better flow matched are and yada yada yada. So I'm wondering if anyone has gone from non-matched to matched and seen any actual differences. Thanks for the replys people.

hmmm...doing searchings on the 'net, i'm finding things saying how much better flow matched are and yada yada yada. So i'm wondering if anyone has gone from non-matched to matched and seen any actual differences. Thanks for the replys people.
i use flow matched .. I know what people have said but ive never had good luck with unmatched so .. Im just saying what has worked for me .. Thats all ..see that you already have a tt chip send it back to eric and reprogram it and get a set of 60's from him ..

The cost of re-programming my chip and buying the flow matched injectors seperate is the same as just buying the flow matched/chip combo! Especially after paying shipping!! The TT chip is great...so it really comes down to if flow matched is worth it or not. Though it would be interesting to see the tuning I could do with the Extender chip.

the cost of re-programming my chip and buying the flow matched injectors seperate is the same as just buying the flow matched/chip combo! Especially after paying shipping!! The tt chip is great...so it really comes down to if flow matched is worth it or not. Though it would be interesting to see the tuning i could do with the extender chip.
eric give's a discount when you supply your own chip .. Well he did before i dont know about now. But he's looking at this thread so maybe he'll chime in ..eric

If you want an Extender chip in the combo, instead of the TT chip, let me know and I can do that (put it in the notes in the order, or email me).

Eric

Back