flowmaster or hooker

Cleaner13

The Cleaner
just wondering if there is a huge difference in performance between the hooker exhaust and the flowmaster exhaust

I found someone selling the flowmaster exhaust really cheap and I was thinking of buying it and replacing the mufflers with the original 40 series so my Gn would be rediculously loud.
also will the flowmaster bolt in to the 3" THDP with test/dump pipe

please tell me your opinions

thanks alot guys

Carl

I think the flowmaster system exits under the bumper ala the monte. If you get it put on some strait through mufflers, and not a chambered muffler. Get one that you can see strait through, such as race magnums or walker ultra flows.

Flowmasters have more backpressure than a straight thru performance muffler like an ultraflow or race magnum. A turbo is most efficient when back pressure is as low as possible. I wouldn't recommend a flowmaster exhaust.

for a close to stock car will no cat and 2 flowmasters be OK. it will be less restrictive than all the exhaust going through one muffler, correct?:confused:

Everytime I hear flowmaster I think of a truck :rolleyes: The mufflers I use are SS dynomax ultra flows... they are cheap... and work great! I would have gone w/ the pit bull.. but they were too expensive

1987 Buick Grand National- 11.1@125

If yopur talking the cat back Flowmaster system for our cars, it has a single crossflow a la stocker amd is VERY restrictive.. Hooker is way better

Originally posted by turbo buicks
for a close to stock car will no cat and 2 flowmasters be OK. it will be less restrictive than all the exhaust going through one muffler, correct?:confused:

I wouldn't go there. My car was stock turbo/intercooler/injector at the time and I picked up nearly 4 mph when I swapped my crap exhaust (not flowmasters, but not worse than flowmasters)for 2.5" duals with ultraflows. The previous owner of my car was thinking like you are: How restrictive can it be...it's got two mufflers.... He had me convinced as I kept the crappy exhaust on for 2 years longer than I would have if I knew it was costing me 4 mph.

It boils down to if you want Flowmasters for some unknown reason, buy them. Lots of people have gone fast while using flowmasters. There are scientifically proven methods that show that a low backpressure muffler will make more power than one with more backpressure, and Flowmaster is NOT a low backpressure muffler.

the only reason i want to put the flowmasters on is b/c i have a set of 2 in the shed outside and i can get them welded on for like $20 or less. if they suck ill buy the hooker system. i just want to see what difference they make. thats all:)

Sell them and buy something better. The Mustang boys think they are made of gold, try selling the muffs to one of them.