You can type here any text you want

fluids needed after 10yr storage

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

86this

86' T-Type coming out of storage of ten years it's been run 1-2 times a year. but before i take it out on the road, i'd like some advice on oil & additive's to be used?

hello from another 86 T-Type owner; If it was me. If all the fluids are up to level and you started it as you did I'd put a plate on it get it out there on the road. If your fuel has been in there for that time that might be a problem. I'd get it up to temp. and fill with new fuel ASAP. I'd probably waste a tank before changing oil, do a test on your rad fluid and go from there. Oil change (I like M1) and from your past records do what you have to do as in what was ready done. fuel fiter and PM..
have fun
IBBY

Which fluids?? All of them. The brake fluid has a good chance of being gunked up, black, and nasty. A brake system flush is in order.
The fuel filter is, at minimum, the attention needed there.

I would change ALL the fluids and ALL filters. i would drain the fuel tank and do a spring cleaning (look up spring cleaning in the forum). change the plugs and wires. I would also put a fuel injector cleaner like "SeaFoam" in a full tank of gas.

thanks guys! half way there,already flushed coolant & trans & replaced all vacuum lines fuel filter & drained gas. put high octane & some injecter cleaner. it's always had Mobile One in it, so after this tank will change the oil, filter, gasket & clean pan. thanks for tips on brakes, will have to bleed/flush them next!

Back