You can type here any text you want

flynbye brake kits????? anyone used?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo96max

:confused: Guys, I am not happy at all with the way my car is braking at the moment. I was going to look into doing the ls1/c5 brake upgrade in the front.Has anyone used the kits or hubs from flynbye? or Ed miller. I dont have big bucks so I wat to do some research about his " spindle mod" I think the kit may envolve milling the rotor/hub stock assembly down to only a hub the same diameter as needed depending on the slip on rotor that will be used, and he uses longer studs. He also modifies the spindle, but is this mod the same thing that wilwood asks for our kits which is basically cutting some small pieces off and drilling/tpping new holes fot the new brakets??? this seems like something simple to do and parts can be bough in a junk yard for aaalllooooott less than his whole kit? does any know if theres a more complex mod being done to the spindle???

I have that kit, and modified the spindle myself. you have to cut off the old caliper mounting ears, grind a few high spots down, and drill (3/8" bit) and tap two of the dust shield mounting holes to a 7/16"-14 thread.

his kits are high quality, but this method will widen the front track by the thickness of the ls1 rotor hat. this is because you are putting a slip on rotor where one was never supposed to be.

I decided to not go this route (I am selling the kit I got from ed), and I will now use the 98-05 blazer spindles instead. Ed Miller (flynbye) also sells a braket to use an LS1 caliper on a blazer spindle. this does not require any modification to the spindle whatsoever.

the only drawback is the expensive hub/bearing assembly for the blazer spindle, but thats the price you pay to do it absolutely right. this method will not change your front track width, and is much stronger than a hacked up stock spindle.

the brackets for the blazer spindle are not listed on his website, but he still has them AFAIK. I will email him later this week to order a set for myself. I'll let you know if he still has them.

I will have pics online soon, I can link them here if you'd like

There have been several threads on brake mods. Do a search and you should find what you need.

Back