You can type here any text you want

FM 7116CH mains TAB wrong?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

norbs

Classic fast, XFI, SPortsman & MS3 programming
Putting together my stage I motor ,and #3 main bearing the locating tab is in the wrong spot, do i cut off the tab or leave it alone. See pic below. The block side lines up the way it should.

thanks

Attachments

• bearing fit.JPG
    bearing fit.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 136
Putting together my stage I motor ,and #3 main bearing the locating tab is in the wrong spot, do i cut off the tab or leave it alone. See pic below. The block side lines up the way it should.

thanks

Looks like the slot cut in the cap is in the wrong place. I'm at work and don't have access to any others to compare it to.

I was thinking that too, but on the block side the tab is offset and fits fine? I need to look at a #3 stock cap. I found another set of bearings and the tab is centered, so the cap is made wrong looks like. Whats the solution now? grind the tab down? get another cap, re hone the block, weld the cap and renotch, still would need a line hone?

I was thinking that too, but on the block side the tab is offset and fits fine? I need to look at a #3 stock cap. I found another set of bearings and the tab is centered, so the cap is made wrong looks like. Whats the solution now? grind the tab down? get another cap, re hone the block, weld the cap and renotch, still would need a line hone?

The rear cap is machined off set, they probably off set # 3 too for some reason????? File the tab off the bearing and forget about it.

Thanks that is what i will do.

The rear cap is machined off set, they probably off set # 3 too for some reason????? File the tab off the bearing and forget about it.

will that not present new problem of the bearing working it's way to one side or another?

has this been done with sucess?
will bearing crush be enough?

will that not present new problem of the bearing working it's way to one side or another?

has this been done with sucess?
will bearing crush be enough?

that little tab does absolutely nothing to hold the bearing in its place. It is there to locate it in the journal prior to assembly. It has probably been done millions of time successfully!

Back