You can type here any text you want

For Lee - TTA GM licensed emblems

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Glad to add Carmotorsports to the FAQ link :)

Thanks for the heads up.

leeb

Originally posted by lburou
Glad to add Carmotorsports to the FAQ link :)

Thanks for the heads up.

leeb

Lee,

The reason I gave you the info is because I saw GM licensed emblems in the FAQ link. I clicked on the address and it opened an email to Dave gta something, I thought that was odd. I know Rich Van't Hof, one of the 3 owners of cms and I know it took them a lot of money and legal work to get the GM license. I started wondering if Dave gta might being buying cms's stuff and then reselling, I dunno, it just seemed odd.

I E-mailed Dave Clee:
Hello Dave,

I saw your e-mail address associated with licensed emblem reproductions for the 1989 Turbo Trans Am. We have a FAQ list on Turbobuick.com, in the TTA technical forum ( http://turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86357 ). I posted your e-mail address there under the subject of licensed emblems. Is that: 1) Accurate, and, 2) Is that OK?

Lee

I've edited his response, here:

Hi Lee.. just had a chance to re-read the posting on The member wondering about who makes the TTA & GTA emblems.. We make our own....and have stocks of both NOS & our own fully GM Licensed emblems.... and YES .. it does take alot of work to get them licensed and have them available....
The member was wondering if anything was wrong....Its just competition... GTAemblems.com has separate license on the TTA Fender emblems they are supplying & are supplying NOS stock on various other TTA, Indy Fiero (licensed and NOS) & GTA emblems....There's no exclusivity to the emblem production by any one source.

Thankyou, Dave Clee
(89 TTA owner )

The FAQ list now reflects his website address.

:)

TTA Emblems

Originally posted by 89ICBM
Lee,

The reason I gave you the info is because I saw GM licensed emblems in the FAQ link. I clicked on the address and it opened an email to Dave gta something, I thought that was odd. I know Rich Van't Hof, one of the 3 owners of cms and I know it took them a lot of money and legal work to get the GM license. I started wondering if Dave gta might being buying cms's stuff and then reselling, I dunno, it just seemed odd.

Frank is correct. CAR Motorsports has all of the TTA emblems, not just the fender emblem, as GM Licensed Reproductions. Included in this is the map pocket emblem. All come with the highest quality double sided 3M tape, which can be purchased separately for those who want to re-use their own originals.

Thanks,

Alan

Back