Ford 9" rearend ?

278cikiller

Iam running a ford 9" with a 390 gear, in with my Stage II car witch u-joints do they use in them? I put a set of brut force in last year and the inside cilps were not sitting right and i had a bad vibration.this rear end has diffrent clamps that hold the u-joint in, any info would be a big help.

Iam running a ford 9" with a 390 gear, in with my Stage II car witch u-joints do they use in them? I put a set of brut force in last year and the inside cilps were not sitting right and i had a bad vibration.this rear end has diffrent clamps that hold the u-joint in, any info would be a big help.

You can have different size u-joints. Most built applications have 1350 joints. Our stock rear ends have 3R U joints. You need to measure end to end and the wide of the circle to get an accurate joint.

Rear end

The brut force u-joint sat in there fine, The inside clips did'nt have a grove to sit in like the stock rear end,my clamps on this rear end looks like the factory beat it with a hammer like the old western style makeing horse shoes. I hope i explane it right.

I take it that you are using a factory driveshaft? If so, the factory style u joint is the incorrect size for a ford 9in 1350 yoke. You will need a combination u joint which is readily available. Your description of the u joint clamps confirm that it is a 1350.

For clarification a 1350 joint has no clips to locate it on the yoke. The size of the caps themselves allow it to center itself in the yoke.

U-Joints

I take it that you are using a factory driveshaft? If so, the factory style u joint is the incorrect size for a ford 9in 1350 yoke. You will need a combination u joint which is readily available. Your description of the u joint clamps confirm that it is a 1350.

For clarification a 1350 joint has no clips to locate it on the yoke. The size of the caps themselves allow it to center itself in the yoke.

Louie i am using a stock drive shaft you are correct. That means if i go to NAPA and ask for a 1350 ujoint that is the same has a G/N u-joint i would be ok? Louie does the clamps hold the u-joint in place even with out the grove in the yoke for the clips?

A joint w/o the grooves relies on tabs in the yoke to retain the cups.
Over tightening the straps will distort the cups, and pinch the bearings. The joint won't last long...BTDT.

Ford 9 " ?

I what to thank all you great Guys for all your help. I found them and will have them tomorrow. Thanks again.

u joints

I what to thank all you great Guys for all your help. I found them and will have them tomorrow. Thanks again.
Were did you get it from i have a problem like yours but i got a m-9 rear with 2004r trans 3.50 gears thanks

Rear end

Were did you get it from i have a problem like yours but i got a m-9 rear with 2004r trans 3.50 gears thanks

I brought this from a freind,I do run a G/N tranny with a stock drive shaft. This rear end is a Currie Ford 9' with 390 gears with 33 spline axels.