Foreign Made Parts-What Works & What Doesn't?

WE2Regal

We have all noticed it. Made in China. Made in the Indonesia. On and on. In order to stay competitive in todays market, companies have resorted to manufacturing in other countries in order to keep prices down. But what about the quality? I was hoping that people could start posting which of the foreign made parts available for our cars work and which don't, or do work with some modification. Not a discussion of government trade policies and politics. No scientific testing. Just what are your personal experiences with a particular automotive part for the turbo Regal and what country was it manufactured in. Does it work or doesn't it?

I usually buy auto parts from NAPA or AC Delco. I bought some AC Delco coil packs a few years ago that were made in China and I was concerned about their quality. They worked just fine, but I don't put a lot of miles on my cars so I can't attest to their long term reliabilty.

We have all noticed it. Made in China. Made in the Indonesia. On and on. In order to stay competitive in todays market, companies have resorted to manufacturing in other countries in order to keep prices down. But what about the quality? I was hoping that people could start posting which of the foreign made parts available for our cars work and which don't, or do work with some modification. Not a discussion of government trade policies and politics. No scientific testing. Just what are your personal experiences with a particular automotive part for the turbo Regal and what country was it manufactured in. Does it work or doesn't it?

I usually buy auto parts from NAPA or AC Delco. I bought some AC Delco coils packs a few years ago that were made in China and I was concerned about their quality. They worked just fine, but I don't put a lot of miles on my cars so I can't attest to their long term reliabilty.

I can relate, if you look at my thread about the Denso heated O2 sensors I recently purchased. The first one crapped out in a few months.

I wouldn't be surprised if I go check the label and it says "made in china".......

I had bad luck with the AC Delco Bosch style oxygen sensors. I watched Ebay for months until I found a stock of original AC Delco oxygen sensors and bought a lifetime supply.