Found a connector??

bbbbaad

I am replacing head gaskets and found a loose connector, one that seems to have not been connected for a long time. It is a round connector with three female slots in the shape of | _ | The wires going to it are pink w/black stripe, yellow and gray. The wires run down the front of the engine from a harness near the cam sensor toward the passenger side. I found the connector towards the bottom, near the oil sending unit. Can anyone tell me what this connector is for?

I am replacing head gaskets and found a loose connector, one that seems to have not been connected for a long time. It is a round connector with three female slots in the shape of | _ | The wires going to it are pink w/black stripe, yellow and gray. The wires run down the front of the engine from a harness near the cam sensor toward the passenger side. I found the connector towards the bottom, near the oil sending unit. Can anyone tell me what this connector is for?

factory oil sending unit. not needed if you have an aftermarket gauge

factory oil sending unit. not needed if you have an aftermarket gauge

Not needed until the Fuel pump relay goes out. Then it's the backup circuit for the fuel pump. I'd get a new oil sender and tee it into the line.

I guess I don't understand that one. Are you saying that, upon failure of the fuel pump relay, that an oil sending unit plugged into this connector (not sensing oil pressure) will provide a circuit back to the fuel pump? I'm not the sharpest crayon in the box, but this one slipped by me. :confused:

I guess I don't understand that one. Are you saying that, upon failure of the fuel pump relay, that an oil sending unit plugged into this connector (not sensing oil pressure) will provide a circuit back to the fuel pump? I'm not the sharpest crayon in the box, but this one slipped by me. :confused:

Yes. The Oil sender is the backup to the FP relay. It is in parallel to the FP relay. When oil pressure comes up enough to close the switch it will power the Fuel pump if the relay hasn't closed