You can type here any text you want

frame bracing

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

futten

anyone here know good methods to stiffen the frame? ive thought about some diagonal bars kinda like a x frame connected to the trans crossmember that might stiffen the center section of the frame

uhm again my stupid brain forgot that the exhaust had to go trough there *bangs
head at desk*

LOL It's not an easy thing to build either. All you really need to do is plate the frame channel to stiffen it up some. That's the easiest way to do it and it should make it much stiffer.

anyone here know good methods to stiffen the frame? ive thought about some diagonal bars kinda like a x frame connected to the trans crossmember that might stiffen the center section of the frame

you could do the rear seat frame bracing like the GNX had, or do what I might do and adapt a custom underhood frame setup like the 70s cutlass supremes had. The ones that go from the cowl panel to the fenders, and from the fenders to the core support.

no we are talking about boxing the middle section of the frame rails i meant earlyer to brace the mid section with a X frame tubing setup that branch out from the transmissiion crossmember to reduce twisting

I'd start with the easy stuff and see how that does before getting crazy....

The jounce braces up front, the missing body bushings, boxed lower control arms, etc. Many really fast cars find this plenty enough.

Back