Frame Off Restoration

Thanks. I was very curious, as my brother is doing an 82 C10 "economical" frame off, and I have an 87 GN. I really want to take the frame out and clean it up, but I just don't have the space to do that level of work...yet. Thanks again! Great work! Look forward to seeing the continuation of this car.

Some more updated pics. Body has been blocked and almost ready for paint. We finished in black primer. We also smooth the front and rear bumpers. I like to thank Zack Rogers and Jon Wages at Rogers Rod Worx for there excellent body work.

Here the rear mini tubs are getting installed for the 12" wide wheels that will be sitting under there. And here are some pics of the wheels that just came in finally(waiting on the tires). I will post more pics when all the fab and welding work is done and the wheels are fitted. Stay Tuned!

Here the rear mini tubs are getting installed for the 12" wide wheels that will be sitting under there. And here are some pics of the wheels that just came in finally(waiting on the tires). I will post more pics when all the fab and welding work is done and the wheels are fitted. Stay Tuned!

Good work!

Looks awesome bro . I should have notched mine when it was out . I did do alil more bracing over the rear . Yours look great keep the pics comin
image.jpg

More updated pics. Floor pans and trunk undercoated. Cut radiator support, and body in paint. Body will get blocked a few more times and painted this week.

What do you guys use on the frames as far as paint my frames minimal surface rust planning on lifting body to wire wheel and coat with por 15 possibly and then chassis black from east wood any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks Morg87t.
84Sam that is exactly what we did to our frame. That chassis black from Eastwood is suppose to be chip resistant.

Here are some more pics. After the clear dried the car was wet sanded smooth and a few more coats of clear was sprayed on to give it a deep finish once it gets wet sanded again. Rogers Rod Worx did a great job.

Here we Go! What do you think? I'm looking for a back window and the strut brackets that mount on the hood. Hopefully we should be ready to install the interior and drivetrain in a couple of days. The 19" wheels has the car sitting a little too high for me, I think.