You can type here any text you want

Free mods?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ZCore

I've been reading and have come across a few free mods that I can do to my GN. The question is is there a site that has all these free mods listed with instructions?

Extremely good question and I would be curious to find out the same thing...You may want to check out GNTTYPE.ORG...I don't know if they have a free mod list, but I do know there is a wealth of info on that site.

There was a gmhightech performance issue about a year ago that had four or five simple free mods you can do.

Some free mods
Here are a few that I read from an old thread.

1. Take the coolant lines off the throttle body(plug or loop them),
2. Jump out the resistor on the coolant fan, you will see one wire on 1 end of the resistor and 2 wires on the other end. Just take the single wire and put it on the end with the 2 wires. This mod will allow the fan to run on high whenever energized and shed amps off the electrical system.
3. Gut cat

Do a Search of Free mods .............

Plenty of info out there

Remove the rubber trim across the top of the firewall to run cooler.

Hook up a fuel pressure guage and with a socket and hammer gentley tap down on top of the stock fuel pressure regulator, with the vac line off, and raise fuel pressure a couple pounds.

Get one of those generic electrical connections at the auto parts store, the ones with the plastic ends when you crimp the wire. Remove the plastic end and put in the vacuum line from the turbo to the stock wastegate, it will allow you to run a couple more pounds of boost before the wastegate opens.

Originally posted by smokin'6
Remove the rubber trim across the top of the firewall to run cooler.

Hook up a fuel pressure guage and with a socket and hammer gentley tap down on top of the stock fuel pressure regulator, with the vac line off, and raise fuel pressure a couple pounds.

Get one of those generic electrical connections at the auto parts store, the ones with the plastic ends when you crimp the wire. Remove the plastic end and put in the vacuum line from the turbo to the stock wastegate, it will allow you to run a couple more pounds of boost before the wastegate opens.

Wow, those mods remind me of this video tape I have from around 1988 or so of how to mod a GN. With the crushed FP reg and other 'tricks'. Goes to show how far we've come with things Like the paddle switch that was activated by wind coming thru the grill to turn the fan off at higher speeds. :eek:

Back