You can type here any text you want

Fresh combo

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jhanson1750

just a 10th quicker
I will be posting pics soon but here is my new combo.

.020 over stock block
RJC girdle w/main studs
.010/.010 stock crank
Balanced crank
Eagle Esp "H" beams w/arp 2000
TRW forged pistons
Ported irons w/Fererra big valves and reciever grooves
Beehive roller springs
Fel-Pro 1007 HG's
210/215 roller kit
rollmaster timing set
60lb ers
Precision GT 6131E
Ported Stock exhaust (welded cracks)
Stock ported intake w/RJC PP
Stock rockers w/heavy duty shafts
Spearco bar and plate intercooler (will be a foward mount)
restalled D5
Progressive alky kit

Still to buy,
3" Dp
Gbodyparts aluminum rad
TT chip

Well thats all I can think of right now. Any guesstimates what I should be looking at @ 20lbs? Thanks Jon Hanson

The 1007 wire-lok head gaskets work real good IF (and ONLY IF) the reciever grooves were precision machined and not cut with standard tooling. Typical automotive machine shop tooling just can't hold the tolerance that is REQUIRED to get the 1007 head gaskets to seal. There is a .001" tolerence over a 4.100" diameter. That ain't much wiggle room, there. If you have a good depth gauge, measure the grove carefully to ensure that the groove is with-in .001" deep all the way around. It is REAL hard to do. I use to use them all the time, and had a guy machine the groove on real expensive milling equipment. He used a surface grinder to machine the deck to less than .0005" (5 tenths -half a thousanths) across the entire deck. Then he used a $10,000 attatchment on his mill to cut a perfect groove. They would then seal great. Others have had nothing but problems with the wire-lok's, but I felt it was always the machining, and not the gasket. Hopefully your machinist has the "right stuff" to perform the task. Good luck with your combo. It should last a long time.:)

With a good converter, tranny, tires, rear suspension and a good tune... low 11's high 10's. Looks like you have a nice project going on there, congratulations!

Chuck

Back