You can type here any text you want

Frikin side post threads stripped

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ITSAV6

It's my Granny's car!
Had to replace the ground bolt today as the threads were almost gone. Post threads were a lil beat up. O bought the gold plated extender stud for adding extra lug from parts store and it threaded in and tightened up and i put the cable on and it worked great.

I have never had good results with side post batteries. That's why i replaced my battery cables so i can use a top post battery,i like them and they seem to work better for me. The only problem with that was getting the right terminals to fit the posts on the battery,they are not all the same size. I ended up buying separate one eyelet battery cables and attached them to correct fitting battery terminals that i leave bolted to the battery posts. If i have to remove the battery it's just one nut each for the positive and negative cables and i never have to remove the terminals from the posts on the battery. I've been doing it this way for quite a few years and has worked out great.

Back