You can type here any text you want

Front Aerospace Brakes locking up

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jeff Rand

Had some issues recently with launching my car at the track. It was taking a hard right turn at the release of the transbrake. I found that the front brakes were locking up (very bad on the passenger side and a hard drag on the drivers side). I replaced the braided lines but I am still having a problem. I am now thinking it is in the Powermaster. I have a brass proportioning valve and a small Jegs valve as well. I'm also considering changing the line lock (it is 15 years old). Rear brakes are OK. I do have a vacuum brake setup and can go in that direction.
Thanks,
Jeff

I've had problem free usage of the Aero brakes for many years now so I'd think that line lock is messing with them.

Do you use the lock for the burnout only?

The nice thing about the vacuum setup is, it's easy to light up the rears while keeping the fronts in place vs the Powermaster. You could ditch it all and just go vacuum and T Brake.

I've had problem free usage of the Aero brakes for many years now so I'd think that line lock is messing with them.

Do you use the lock for the burnout only?

Yes, I use the line lock only for burn outs. I got motivated tonight and rebuilt the PM master cylinder (I had a new rebuild kit). I should have it on the car tomorrow.
Jeff

Back