You can type here any text you want

Front brakes

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TwinyTwin

I'm looking at getting some front brakes for my '86 and have been looking at the Aerospace and Wilwood kit. I was just wanting some feed back on either of these and to see what kind of experience you all had with them. Thanks.

I'm looking at getting some front brakes for my '86 and have been looking at the Aerospace and Wilwood kit. I was just wanting some feed back on either of these and to see what kind of experience you all had with them. Thanks.

There are lots of feedback on this website on brakes. If money is no object, thats the way to go, BUT if your on a budget, you can go with the '98-'05 S-10 2wd Blazer setup. Complete spindle, caliper, hub & rotor. GOOD- 11" rotor, dual piston calipers, you can use stock wheels, BAD- bearings are sealed, go out often, cost approx. $150.00 per side. LS1 ("98-"03 Camaro/Firebird) front brakes, GOOD- 11.90" rotors, alum. dual piston calipers, brackets & kits available. I have these on my '86 T Type & my sons '84 GN with vacuum boosters. GREAT STOPPING POWER. BAD- have to have 16'' or larger wheels to clear calipers, wheels stick out approx. 3/8" more than stock. You will find many different opinions on these brakes. I like the LS1 myself. I sell the brackets, kits, or complete assemblies if interested.

i just picked up a set of blazer brakes last week, i'm gonna bolt them right up after i get the rotors turned. i'm also doing the gbodyparts upper front control arms at the same time. as far as price goes, 200 for the bolt on brakes and 130 for the control arms is pretty hard to beat!

Back