You can type here any text you want

Front Cover Oil Seal Retrofit and Permatex Right Stuff

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DMan

buh bye
Hello all,

Two questions

1. I have a standard front cover with rope seal. I find it leaks alot. Will a neoprene seal reduce leakage? If so, can I retrofit a neoprene seal into this front cover? Is there any special machining required?

2. Permatex Right Stuff - anybody use this in place of oil pan gaskets? Do you still use the cork along with the permatex right stuff, or is the permatex adequate?

Thanks! :cool:

I put a neoprene seal in the cover. Good money spent beings you have to pull the cover to do it:eek: Oil pan gasket I just used the cork gasket with a dab of right stuff where the main cap and front cover meet at the block. Nice and dry. Hopefully those pesky valve cover gaskets are sealed up now too:rolleyes:

I have tried every type of gasket to get my RJC oil pan to stop leaking. Pan rails are dead flat and straight. Finally used the FIPG (black) from Toyota and not one single drop from that pan. Put on in a 1/8" bead all the way around. Let it skin in 10 minutes and installed. Only leak is from turbo drain-back tube. :smile:

I have tried every type of gasket to get my RJC oil pan to stop leaking. Pan rails are dead flat and straight. Finally used the FIPG (black) from Toyota and not one single drop from that pan. Put on in a 1/8" bead all the way around. Let it skin in 10 minutes and installed. Only leak is from turbo drain-back tube. :smile:[/QUOT

FIPG is made by Threebond Homepage

Yeah thats cool I was just saying that who makes it for eveyone, Honda has theres also same stuff;)

Thanks for the replies. I will install a neoprene seal in my stock cover and use lots of that RightStuff. I did some searches and it appears the crank sensor bolt holes and dowel locator holes can also be sources of leaks as well.

Back