You can type here any text you want

Front Frame Brace Install

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Just curious, but are you sure you got the Buick version?

Yes, I got the GN version. Spent 30 minutes on the phone with the guy at SC&C and it appears my IROC swaybar is too big. SC&C's brace was designed to fit with ANY G-Body swaybar. So Im just gonna throw a stocker on my car for now along with the brace.

I currently have the Kirban braces and the sidebars rub on the swaybar. Not much but its noticeable.

Funny... I just stole the F41 braces and the Grand Prix cross brace off my MCSS (getting torn down for a resto in the Spring) and slapped them on the Buick. Amazingly it all fit despite the FMIC and 36mm sway bar being in the way. I also jammed on a pair of the fender to upper core support braces for good measure. The car still had the factory core support cross braces in place.

I climbed onto the core support and tried to bounce the suspension... the car got noticeably tighter. I'd jumped on it earlier before the install. Not very emperical... but, it was worth a laugh.

Now I am going to build a front bumper brace to tie the frame rails together since the only thing holding it together up there is a fiberglass bumper. :o

So I guess the fender braces are worth it? I've been meaning to pick a set up.

Funny... I just stole the F41 braces and the Grand Prix cross brace off my MCSS (getting torn down for a resto in the Spring) and slapped them on the Buick. Amazingly it all fit despite the FMIC and 36mm sway bar being in the way. I also jammed on a pair of the fender to upper core support braces for good measure. The car still had the factory core support cross braces in place.

I climbed onto the core support and tried to bounce the suspension... the car got noticeably tighter. I'd jumped on it earlier before the install. Not very emperical... but, it was worth a laugh.

Now I am going to build a front bumper brace to tie the frame rails together since the only thing holding it together up there is a fiberglass bumper. :o
Can you take a picture. I would like to see how you got the Grand Prix bar to fit with a FMIC.

Anybody manage to get this one to fit with a SLIC? The fact that it says that it won't is probably a pretty good clue lol.

I've got the PTE SLIC and a big Suspension Techniques sway bar so I'm probably SOL.

Can you take a picture. I would like to see how you got the Grand Prix bar to fit with a FMIC.

Will do. The second my fiancee takes her wedding dress test fitting photos off the camera... I am not allowed to see them, ya know? :wink:

Here you go... F41 bars, the GP brace and a FMIC.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

And for good measure the upper GP braces...
attachment.php

Triangulation is key. ;)

Attachments

• pic 006.jpg
    pic 006.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 464
  • pic 007.jpg
    pic 007.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 432
  • pic 008.jpg
    pic 008.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 419
  • pic 004.jpg
    pic 004.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 428
Here you go... F41 bars, the GP brace and a FMIC.

Triangulation is key. ;)

Did you have to bend the GP brace to fit tight to radiator support? It looks like it. My GP brace did not fit that tight to radiator support so I sold it because it would not fit with my FM.

Did you have to bend the GP brace to fit tight to radiator support? It looks like it. My GP brace did not fit that tight to radiator support so I sold it because it would not fit with my FM.

Yes, but only ever so slightly (on the PS, IIRC)... and the real trick is to use spacers/washers to get a better angle of attack/adjustment. Plus they are required to get the GP brace over the F41 bars because they don't stack well.

I have a very nice pair of F41 handling package front frame supports OEM. Complete with factory mounting bolts with original stover locking nuts. These were completely bead blasted , etch primed then refinished GM satin black. They are about an inch or so thick. 75.00 shipped.

Installed my SC&C HD frame brace yesterday. In the dark! Ran out of light while I was working. Also had to remove my Kirban braces and 1LE 36mm IROC swaybar and reinstalled a stock one. That was a project! Had to borrow two huge 6-ton jackstands and put them under the frame horns, to get the front end high enough. It was fairly straightforward. Mark's brace fit perfectly. Car feels much tighter and it doesn't rattle any more.

Im happy. One less part in my garage.:D

Back