You can type here any text you want

Front frame brace pic request

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

sqhatch

I'm having a hard time getting the front lower connecting frame brace that meets up w/ the diagonal braces underneath to line up. I'm not sure how its supposed to be oriented underneath the radiator. Can someone post a pic or pics for me showing the front brace installed particularly a pic showing the bolts going through the frame and into the brace. I notice one side has an elongated hole, which side of the car does this go on?

Its the factory type front lower frame brace, not the boxed steel one from kirbans.

Any help appreciated as always.

Any of these help

Attachments

• DSC00005.jpg
    DSC00005.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 303
  • DSC00006.jpg
    DSC00006.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 305
  • DSC00004.jpg
    DSC00004.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 302
It helps alittle, unfortunately the brace i have connects differently then the kirbans brace. It has 2 crimped ends w/ holes in the ends and one side has an elongated hole. The kirbans brace looks alot easier to install though since i can't for the life of me seem to get this brace to line up w/ the holes in the frame and the diagonal braces. Thanks for the pics and help though.

Maybe this will help??

Attachments

• DSC00044.JPG
    DSC00044.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 292
Maybe this will help??

That does seem to help.
Question, your running a fmic, so you don't have the slic in the way or the air dams in the way, is that bar installed and made to clear a slic?

I'll give it a try the way your bar is oriented, but I'm not sure i can get it to clear those air dams, or maybe im just retarded, prob the latter.

Thanks

If you have a FMIC and the pipe go below the radiator then you will not be able to use the single under Radiator support bar. I had to remove mine to run the RJC IC. If you have a SLIC then both 'should' work.

I'm running a stock intercooler, so it "should" work?

I'll just have to keep fiddling w/ it i guess.

thanks for all thet help.

they wont fit with a precision slic either. I have to fab up a bracket to make them fit.

Back