Front Mount Intercooler

Tony Dequick did but no more. No manufacture is making one specifically for the TTA. Problem with front mount for TTA is it will not see to much air to cool it down. Unless you want to cut a whole in your nose cone.:eek: I've got a Mark Jackson 17 row stretch intercooler on mine with scoop. In my opinion its just as good as a front mount on our cars. And another thing there's people going pretty fast with stock intercooler and dutt neck combined with alky. Just look at TTAfan. I think Lonnie Diers is making some of the Dequick intercoolers again maybe he has the design off the TTA IC and could be persuaded to make one if you desire.

Problem with front mount for TTA is it will not see to much air to cool it down. Unless you want to cut a whole in your nose cone. :eek:

Im dunno bout that. Dequick did make them, they were very similar to the buick ones but a different lower mount and different tubes coming off the tanks.

8c27ca5e.jpg

As for getting air to them, I'll bet the air dam that mounted to the bottom of the intercooler gets more air to it than through a stock location scoop, and no heat from the radiator. You can see the air dam in this pic under the nose, it looks a little scuffed up but I've repainted it scince.

GTA1-1.jpg

Steve

Great Photos

Im dunno bout that. Dequick did make them, they were very similar to the buick ones but a different lower mount and different tubes coming off the tanks.

8c27ca5e.jpg

As for getting air to them, I'll bet the air dam that mounted to the bottom of the intercooler gets more air to it than through a stock location scoop, and no heat from the radiator. You can see the air dam in this pic under the nose, it looks a little scuffed up but I've repainted it scince.

GTA1-1.jpg

Steve
NOW"THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT!!!!"

CAS (charged air systems) made them for awhile too. (looks simiar to the above photos.

I am looking for one just like the above or a actual CAS front mount.

If anyone knows of one for sale I'd appreciate a e-mail.

Thank you,
Scott ~

UR50SLO@aol.com

Thank you for your reply.... Stenoid does a great job on the cars they work on. I especialy like the Yellow Firebird that was recently in the GM Hi Tech Mag. I saw that car several years ago at Stanton for the GM EFI Event. I fell in love with the way that car was built and ran then. The mag. article was well deserved!
Thanks again,
Scott~

8c27ca5e.jpg

GTA1-1.jpg

Steve

where did you ever find that ???:confused: :biggrin:

I took mine off.. hits everything.

Attachments

• BGTTAwheelsup.jpg
    BGTTAwheelsup.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 209
CAS (charged air systems) made them for awhile too. (looks simiar to the above photos.

I am looking for one just like the above or a actual CAS front mount.

It is a CAS unit

where did you ever find that ???:confused: :biggrin:

I dunno some guy in Massachusetts a few years back ;) Thanks again :biggrin:

I took mine off.. hits everything.

Mine used to hit alot when the car was lowered in the front but scince I've put it back to about stock it clears almost everything, what a pleasure :cool: Plus for what I do with the car the front mount works really well, by the time I get back to the staging lanes the motor is back down to 165*, the intercooler is at ambient(no heat soak), I'm ready to go for next round and the car is dead on consistant... well most days at least :biggrin: granted if I was running alcohol I wouldnt have to worry about a front mount as much but for what I do it's great.

Steve

anyone running the Precision stock location unit on their TTA? does it fit well?
I want to put one on mine.:biggrin:

Ic is still on the car, I just took the deflector off the bottom. That hits everything.. you can tell by looking at the pixs. And with the alky.. dont really care if all the air goes through it.

Sell it.. you dont want to know how much I have invested. Recently doing some upgrades to piping and such dropped 1k into it.. and already had it in place.

I never liked the IC having 3 inch inlet and outlets and my turbo/TB having 3 inch inlet/outlets.. The pipes that came with the CAS are 2.5 inch diameter and the up-pipe is a 2 piece deal..mine would hit the water pump.. so I got PO'd enough.. spent some money.. fab'd some 3 inch plumbing.. now it rocks :D

I realy don't care for the pipes that came with the IC anyway. I'd make my own... I just need a good core.. I'd like to have 3" Inlet/outlets.

My Camaro bumper has alot of area where air can get to the IC and radiator. The T/A bumper is closed off which does not help things.

I'd even settle for a Precision front mount that would normaly go on a GN. I could make that work ok.

Thanks, Scott~

Yup.. make your own. :D

I just made aluminum pipes, a blow-off valve, clamps, hoses.. ~1,000 bucks

I can add it up for ya ;)

Tial BOV 130
Aluminum flange 30
lower tension spring 30
3 3 inch silicone hoses 30.00
1 45 degree T-netics hose 45.00
8 t-bolt clamps 40.00
3 inch aluminum pipes from GN IC 180.00
Misc aluminum elbows and pipes 100.00
10 hours labor to fab pipes, bungs, flanges, etc 400.00

Piece of cake :)

I make all my piping out of mild steel mandrels and streights. They don't collect as much heat from the engine bay and the price is right. I also paint them to match the engine bay.
Thanks, Scott!

Attachments

• TTypengine2.JPG
    TTypengine2.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 177
I make all my piping out of mild steel mandrels and streights. They don't collect as much heat from the engine bay and the price is right. I also paint them to match the engine bay.
Thanks, Scott!

Nevermind...Noticed you had a hybrid too...

Jason